SCEditor4Smf [upgraded]

Started by hhy89, February 05, 2013, 01:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meemzo

Ugh, I can't believe I have to re-install my site because of this glitch.  Yes I did a backup so it's possible, just a pain in the ass.

lc62003

This mod is great!  Our members enjoy it.  That said there is another bug squash.  When Quick Reply is enabled, Quoting a post leads to a never ending Loading bar.  The fix is simple.  File below.  Hope this helps someone.  ;)

In the Themes/default/scripts folder, topic.js file. 

elf_fu

Quote from: Kevinex on June 09, 2013, 07:25:56 PM
First of all, this editor is very good, but I have some problems you can not see, for example, to edit the signature or sending private message editor is not displayed. In creating topic, reply and quick response the editor is displayed correctly.

What is happening?

Hello!

Our forum is using 2.0.8 with SCEditor. We are experiencing this issue where the editor is not displaying properly in PM's nor in signatures. Our main and only theme available to members is Crip's Back n' Black. I haven't noticed anyone with a fix or suggested fix for this--but was wondering if anyone has found one?

I have tried switching through all available SCEditor themes, to no luck.

GR

Aaron10

There seems to be a conflict between this and Ajax instant reply mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1214

Clicking post beings up the loading bar, then it'll disappear but it hasn't posted. Any help?

Something to do with the topic.js modification from ajax instant quick reply:

QuickReply.prototype.ajax_reply = function (sSessionVar, sSessionId)
{
var i, x = new Array();
x[x.length] = 'topic=' + parseInt(document.forms.postmodify.elements['topic'].value);
x[x.length] = 'goback=1';
x[x.length] = 'from_qr=1';
x[x.length] = 'subject=' + escape(document.forms.postmodify['subject'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit()).replace(/\+/g, "%2B");
x[x.length] = 'message=' + escape(document.forms.postmodify['message'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit()).replace(/\+/g, "%2B");
x[x.length] = 'icon=' + escape(document.forms.postmodify['icon'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit()).replace(/\+/g, "%2B");
x[x.length] = 'notify=' + escape(document.forms.postmodify['notify'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit()).replace(/\+/g, "%2B");
x[x.length] = 'not_approved=' + escape(document.forms.postmodify['not_approved'].value.replace(/&#/g, "&#").php_to8bit()).replace(/\+/g, "%2B");
x[x.length] = 'last_msg=' + parseInt(document.forms.postmodify.elements['last_msg'].value);
x[x.length] = sSessionVar + '=' + sSessionId;

// Send in the XMLhttp request and let's hope for the best.
ajax_indicator(true);
sendXMLDocument.call(this, smf_prepareScriptUrl(this.opt.sScriptUrl) + "action=post2;xml", x.join("&"), this.onPostDone);

return false;
}

QuickReply.prototype.onPostDone = function (XMLDoc)
{
// Let's pause to pretend we're doing something...
var date = new Date();
var curDate = null;
do { curDate = new Date(); }
while(curDate-date < 1000);

// We've finished the loading stuff.
ajax_indicator(false);

var post = XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName('post')[0];
var errors = XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName('errors')[0];

// Update the num_replies counter so if the user replies more than once without refreshing, we don't get an error.
document.forms.postmodify.elements['last_msg'].value = parseInt(post.getAttribute("msg"));

var insertPoint = document.getElementById("ajax_quick_reply_" + ((this.opt.bViewNewestFirst == 1) ? "top" : "bottom")), myDiv, myData, currentClass;

// If there are errors, its better to just let SMF deal with them, so we'll submit the form and let its take its course
if (errors)
{
document.postmodify.submit();
}
// Otherwise, the post was successful so lets add it in.
else if (post)
{
myDiv = document.createElement("div");
if (this.opt.bViewNewestFirst == 1)
{
currentClass = insertPoint.nextSibling.nextSibling.className;
window.location.hash = "top";
}
else
currentClass = insertPoint.previousSibling.previousSibling.previousSibling.previousSibling.className;

insertPoint.parentNode.insertBefore(myDiv, (this.opt.bViewNewestFirst == 1) ? insertPoint.nextSibling : insertPoint);
setOuterHTML(myDiv, post.childNodes[0].nodeValue.replace(/windowbg2|windowbg/, (currentClass == "windowbg" ? "windowbg2" : "windowbg")));

// And empty the post reply box
document.postmodify.message.value = "";

if (aIconLists[0])
aIconLists[0].initIcons();
}
else
{
window.location.reload(true);
}
}

EDIT: And yeah, PM and signature problems, same as above. 2.0.8.

Shadowwolf_tw

I seem to have run into an issue with this mod and spell check. Seems when someone performs a spell check, the check runs fine but then wipes out all data in the post field. This only occurs when this mod is enabled.

Aaron10

I think I'll just wait for 2.1 to have this implemented properly at this point. I mainly only want it for quick reply anyway.

radu81

For quick reply there is a similar mod from bugo.
sorry for my bad english

Aaron10

Yeah I prefer the look of this over markitup though personally

radu81

I was referring to the other mod from bugo: wsybb
sorry for my bad english

Aaron10

Oh right, I'll give that a try until 2.1 then. Thanks.

thelastlokean

Quote from: lc62003 on August 09, 2014, 11:42:37 PM
This mod is great!  Our members enjoy it.  That said there is another bug squash.  When Quick Reply is enabled, Quoting a post leads to a never ending Loading bar.  The fix is simple.  File below.  Hope this helps someone.  ;)

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that SCeditor was causing the issue, so I have uninstalled and installed it a few times, then I figured out that every time you install SCeditor the loading screen gets stuck, doesn't go away if you uninstall.  Then if you install a second time (after uninstalling) you end up with 2 loading boxes!

When I replaced my topic.js with your version, it removed one of the instances (down to 4).  Being as you fixed this for one instance, any idea what is causing it or how I could remove all 5 of my 'loading' boxes?

Anyone got an idea what could be causing this or how to remove all the instances?  I went through the manual install instructions to look for anything that is 'repeating' and I couldn't find anything, must be some database change or something?

lc62003

last, I responded to your PM.  It appears there are replicated code instances.  Find and remove those and you should be good to go.  If not I'm glad to help in way I can.   ;)

melanie1986

All seems to work for me except one teeny weeny problem. When you open the 'hidden' smilies, the panel is huge, like I mean as big as a page and you can't scroll with it? Solutions?

Also it disabled the functionality of the spoliers, you can no longer open them.

420SA

Hi there I'm running on smf 2.0.9. The mod works brilliantly thank you very much for it.

The editor does not display for PM's though. Only the text area box displays. Is that intended?

420SA

Sorry I managed to sort that issue out no assistance required in that regard
Quote from: thelastlokean on November 04, 2014, 01:42:37 PM
Quote from: lc62003 on August 09, 2014, 11:42:37 PM

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that SCeditor was causing the issue, so I have uninstalled and installed it a few times, then I figured out that every time you install SCeditor the loading screen gets stuck, doesn't go away if you uninstall.  Then if you install a second time (after uninstalling) you end up with 2 loading boxes!

When I replaced my topic.js with your version, it removed one of the instances (down to 4).  Being as you fixed this for one instance, any idea what is causing it or how I could remove all 5 of my 'loading' boxes?

Anyone got an idea what could be causing this or how to remove all the instances?  I went through the manual install instructions to look for anything that is 'repeating' and I couldn't find anything, must be some database change or something?

I do experience the same issue as in the quote. How do I rectify this?

420SA

Only two more issues I'd like to raise for future improvements. I have noticed that other members have experienced it. Once again im not taking anything away from how great and useful this mod is.

1. When a user clicks quotes another member the cursor is placed within the quote box and the user cannot click outside the quote box, they have to user the bottom arrow key to get out the quote box.
2. The editor text area height spans the entire page in some instances.

I am using 2.0.9

Miker1029

Ok I read all 6 Pages and MUST be doing something wrong, I've left the Config for it as was and Added "Where to show Full Editor" to post,reply,new topic...Tried both and this Is what I'm Getting:

Using SMF 2.0.10, With The BlackJack Theme Which Is Curve Compat...

Also I'm doing this On Localhost as not to fry my live forum...

And My Installed Mods:

1. SCEditor4Smf 0.5.1 [ Uninstall ]
2. Mobile Device Detect 0.2.2 [ Uninstall ]
3. Responsive Curve 1.0 Beta 3 [ Uninstall ]
4. Social Login 3.3 [ Uninstall ]
5. SA Facebook 2.0.5 [ Uninstall ]
6. Users mass actions 0.1.1 [ Uninstall ]
7. SA Twitter 1.2 [ Uninstall ]
8. PM Attachments 1.6 [ Uninstall ]
9. Menu Editor Lite 1.0.5 [ Uninstall ]
10. EzPortal 3.0.3 [ Uninstall ]
11. Add These Sites in Profile, Post & Memberlist 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
12. Add Social Media Icons To Profiles 1.2.0 [ Uninstall ]
13. DNEP - Display Name Edit Permission 1.2.1 [ Uninstall ]
14. Lazy Admin Menu 1.15 [ Uninstall ]
15. SA GPlus 0.3 REV 9 [ Uninstall ]
16. DevCenter 0.4.1 [ Uninstall ]
17. Floating Bar Mod 1.2 [ Uninstall ]
18. Register Redirect 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
19. Add Avatar To Who Is Online Version 1.2 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
20. EmailValidator 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
21. SA Chat 1.0a Rev120 [ Uninstall ]
22. InLine Attachments 1.2.1 [ Uninstall ]
23. Enhanced Dropdown 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
24. Custom BBCodes Manager 1.7 [ Uninstall ]
25. SMF 2.1-style Admin Area 1.7 [ Uninstall ]
26. Country Flags 2.1 [ Uninstall ]
27. Ad Managment 3.2 [ Uninstall ]
28. ACPS - Ajax Continuous Post Scrolling 1.0.2 [ Uninstall ]
29. Say Thanks 1.3 [ Uninstall ]
30. Downloads System 2.5 [ Uninstall ]
31. Default_Membergroup 2.0 [ Uninstall ]
32. Membergroup ID with Group Name 1.1 [ Uninstall ]
33. Topic Solved 1.1.1 [ Uninstall ]

melanie1986

At a guess I'd say the creator of this Mod is no longer here. I PM'd him weeks (months) ago and no reply:( its a bust for me

Kindred

well, it looks to me as if not everything got installed into your theme...  Does it work in the default/curve theme?

also, I don't believe that this mod is friendly with extra BBC...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Ok I'll give it a Shot on The Core theme and see...Will report back.

Mike

Advertisement: