News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Topic; Section Jump

Started by Dizzel, February 06, 2013, 05:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzel

In HTML, you can use 2 different tags to jump from one link, to which ever part of that website it links to.

The tags are:
<a href="#SEC1">Item 1.</a> This one, you will put a name for the link you will be clicking.
<a name="SEC1">This is what is stated for item 1 after the link is clicked</a> Once you've clicked the link, it will jump you to this part of the document, where it will display the text for that bit.

I believe in HTML, they are called anchors? Here is a link that explains about them; http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html [nofollow]

Would really love for this to become available, as it is a very useful feature in HTML, and in some posts on many forums used by SMF, it would be easier. Such as tutorial topics, or game topics etc.

Thank-you.

Shambles

SMF includes an [anchor] BBCode ;)

Dizzel

Not mine. I've got the latest version, I think. SMF 2.0.4 ?

EDIT:

And I tryed manually putting it, and it wouldn't work.

[anchor]Text[/achor]

[goto=Text]Text[/goto]

Shambles

Have you enabled it?

Admin > Forum > Posts > Bulletin Board Codes

Plus, it doesn't quite work that way...

Dizzel

Yes, all the BBCodes listed there have been selected. I saw on the internet thats what the code looked like. There's nothing above the post box to click, to import the tags. Any chance you could give me the tag?

Shambles

This is a [anchor=DizzelTag]tagged word[/anchor]
-
-
-
-
-
Click [iurl=#DizzelTag]here[/iurl] to go to the anchored text

Dizzel

I posted the thread, as I thought it wasn't on SMF, due to it not being above with the other BBCode ^

:) That worked. Thank-you so much, Shambles. Appreciate it.

MOD, if you would like to remove this thread then, it's not needed.

Thank-you.

Shambles

Thread should stay, as not many people can get their head around anchor tags, and your topic (and my example) might come in useful :)

Advertisement: