News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Commotion

Started by Gatlin1, February 10, 2013, 10:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

This will be a premium theme and will be available in seven different color schemes with an option to pay a small additional fee for specific colors of your choice.
Quicker loading times due to the absence of the standard backdrop, frame_repeat, main_block, menu_gfx and submit images.
The social and header buttons can be activated through the admin panel. PSD's will be available for the logo, footer image, social and header buttons. Still a bit of icon and mini-profile work to do.
The current background is for show only and will not be included in the package.

Live Demo
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Mick.

Dang. Thats sweet bro. Rock on!

ARG01

Thanks Mick. It actually started out as a paid job. The customer was extremely active in corresponding but disappeared suddenly and I have not heard from him in weeks so I decided to change colors and add a few additional options. I may add two or three header images to the right that can be used as advert space etc. and will also be activated/deactivated thru admin.

;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Crozz

Similar to Expo theme, but this one sure looks great. Great work ARG.

ARG01

Quote from: Crozz on February 11, 2013, 12:13:55 AM
Similar to Expo theme, but this one sure looks great. Great work ARG.

Expo? That's funny, the customer got his ideas for the overall design from Zentoa.  ;D 
On the other hand, I learned theme design from working with Dziner Studio themes since their first public release and being on their support team for the past few years.  I know their themes inside and out so I guess anything that I create will more than likely resemble a DS design.

MK-12_20MM

That's a kick ass theme.. +10 

Diego Andrés

That's very interesting, great looking.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

TrackMustangsOnline

I like this design.  Do you have examples of other colors?  I'm looking for something modern, clean but with more contrast in the post boxes etc.  This can handle adsense ads as well?  Are you able to use an image in the header?

Ricky.

Very nice concept, I liked all those small buttons and touches.

However, the image you use in background, surely you have not made it, so is it copyright free / what is its source ?.. looks like taken from some game!

ARG01

Quote from: BOSSMustangsOnline on February 14, 2013, 10:30:25 PM
I like this design.  Do you have examples of other colors?  I'm looking for something modern, clean but with more contrast in the post boxes etc.  This can handle adsense ads as well?  Are you able to use an image in the header?

Currently no samples available for other colors but alternate color schemes will include blue (dark and light), red, green, gold and a light version based on white/grays.
Adsense should function as it would with the default theme.
A header image is not currently coded in but can be added upon request once the theme is purchased and/or directions will be available on how to do so in the theme support boards.

Quote from: Ricky. on February 14, 2013, 10:34:54 PM
Very nice concept, I liked all those small buttons and touches.

However, the image you use in background, surely you have not made it, so is it copyright free / what is its source ?.. looks like taken from some game!

I am not sure of the original source for the background image. It is simply a wallpaper image that I downloaded a while back for use as my desktop wallpaper. Copyright issues will not be a concern as it is currently used as a test example only and will not be distributed along with the theme nor will it be used in the final live theme samples.

Quote from: ARG on February 10, 2013, 10:31:05 PM

The current background is for show only and will not be included in the package.

Ricky.

I was just curious as I sometimes need some such good images, I can purchase for commercial stuff but I wonder from where others get it when using for free stuff.

ARG01

I found the current image while working on another job. I simply did a google image search for fantasy wallpaper.

Using such images can be a bit tricky. One cannot legally (without proper permission) offer for sale or even freely distribute a theme using images taken off the internet.
But, one can legally use such images for a theme (paid or free) only if the theme is designed for a specific customer and that customer supplies the designer with the images. The design cannot be distributed to anyone other than the customer that supplied the images. Even then copyrights may be an issue but only for the customer, not the designer. This should be explained to the customer before any final agreement is made.

But, I am sure that you already knew this.  ;)

Costa

Love the footer and Social buttons. Keep up! :D
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

ARG01

Added additional linked header images that can also be activated/deactivated in admin/current theme and a quick post/topic/member stat in the nav bar.

PhuriousGeorge

Antechinus

Just spotted this yesterday. Looks good. :)

ARG01

Thanks guys. Here is a slightly modified blue version. Still some icon work to do yet.

http://www.smfadmin.com/demos/index.php?theme=7

Portugal

This is a great theme, love it. What collors scheme did you sugest to use this theme in a finance forum?? And what costs to me to buy this??
And about compatibility with mods and browsers? any special attention about??

Thanks in advance

ARG01

Well I have received an overwhelming response to the blue version on another site. Apparently it sucks big time so it will not be considered in any future release.  ;)

Antechinus

:D Gotta admit, my first reaction to the blue and white version was along the lines of "ZOMFGWTF!?!?!" The dark version is (IMHO) a lot smoother and nicer.

Advertisement: