How to display "Show unread posts since last visit" in custom banner

Started by sarhad12, February 11, 2013, 05:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarhad12

Hi i have issue for some reason, "Show new replies to your posts and Show unread posts since last visit".. is not showing on my theme can anyone help me with this thanks in advance.

Shambles

Do the other details show, like avatar, salutation, date/time...?

Which theme are you using?

sarhad12

ye date time shows in bottom for some reason just the above doesn't show.

Shambles

No avatar?

Just wondering if you'd hit the "upshrink" toggle to hide the details... I guess not if the date is showing.

Care to share a link to your site?

sarhad12

the date is not showing on top let me post screenshot of the banner you would get the idea..http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d6wwj40b    the date and time i was referring to below in stats please guide me thanks. the avatars are showing fine.

Shambles

That screenshot just looks like an advert for awesomescreenshot. Is any of it related to your website?

sarhad12

awsoeme screenshot its different were you capture screen and give link which is i done please look at it you will see my banner in the shot

Shambles

Yeah I found your website.

Whose theme is that? All I can gather from your page source is something called "7".

Have the missing details ever shown on your screens?

sarhad12

my friend uploaded for me, i dont have much information but i will do the smf default theme and see

sarhad12

Shambles

Find out from your friend where the theme originated - the author(s) may offer support.

sarhad12

the problem is i did manual banner is that the issue? the banner  is not of the theme i paid someone to do banner and logo for me.

Mr. Pedram

Open index.template.php

add this to "userarea"

echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">' , $txt['unread_topics_all'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">' , $txt['unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

this will be show what you want!

My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» Birthdate On Registration
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
» Search Topic & Board Button
Browse All...

sarhad12

I cant find the "userarea" in index.template.php i typed "userarea" in search nothing comes up.

Kindred

your custom theme may not have it... in which case you will need to discuss it with the author of your theme,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: sarhad12 on February 11, 2013, 12:16:14 PM
I cant find the "userarea" in index.template.php i typed "userarea" in search nothing comes up.

you can put this code in a DIV , everywhere you want, even a floating DIV
it need a little CSS and html knowledge.
tell to your theme support, but it too easy to add.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
» Search Topic & Board Button
Browse All...

sarhad12

i know how to add html codes but i couldn't find the userarea and i want it on top.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on February 11, 2013, 12:55:36 PM
your custom theme may not have it... in which case you will need to discuss it with the author of your theme,
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sarhad12

Quote from: pedi on February 11, 2013, 08:31:49 AM
Open index.template.php

add this to "userarea"

echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">' , $txt['unread_topics_all'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">' , $txt['unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

this will be show what you want!

This code is working now but one issue i pasted next to logo it shows below the logo, i want to show it on right of logo as there is plenty of space can you please paste the same code with right align also thanks.

Mr. Pedram

Ok, but i can't do this without see your forum, and index.template.php source
please put these here,

1. index.template.php (source)
2. your template css
3. your forum link

if i see your forum, maybe can create a extra DIV for it
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links