News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Link calendar event to existing post

Started by iksa, February 14, 2013, 12:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iksa

Is there a way (or a mod) to link a calendar event to a post that already exists? If not, I suggest to add a possibility to do so either when a new event is created or an event is being modified.

emanuele

You can link a topic to a new calendar event (i.e. you create the event while linking it to the topic).
You cannot link an existing topic to an existing event... I think.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

iksa

Yes, there is a way to link a new event to a new post, but if either of them already exists they can no longer be linked. I was requesting such feature (or mod), but for some reason this was moved here to support area.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

emanuele

Moved back. :P

I think it would make sense.

The problematic part would be "locate" the post or the event.
I mean you'd need a calendar or a list of all the posts to find the one you want to link. Doable I think. Probably messy if I do it. :P

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Arantor

Listing the posts is not difficult, the merge dialogue already does it...

emanuele

Yep, I was thinking at that one me too while writing (or just slightly after).

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Kindred

Actually, you CAN link an existing post to a new event or a New event to an existing post...

you just cannot (currently) link an existing post to and existing event
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

iksa

How can you link an existing post to a new event? Is there a way to link an existing event to a new post?

Kindred

link existing post to new event:

open thread.
At bottom of thread is a button "Link to Calendar" (right next to "merge topics")

However, I was incorrect...   I can't find a way to link an existing event to a new post...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Advertisement: