News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How To put "Recent Post" on Site?

Started by rokit, September 17, 2005, 02:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rokit

This may have been asked many times, i would've posted in the already made thread but it consider me to start a new topic. <_<

I have a simple question, I've tried it out already but it didn't work.  How do i have the recent post box on my site?  The forum is connected with the site i believe, it shows "http://www.namitamaki.net/forum/".....  Someone please help me?

Thanks!

SGD

Look in your themes and settings, find your theme and were it say's, Number of recent posts to display on board index: fill in the Number you want to show. By default this is set to zero. I am using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public but should be the same for 105. Hope that helps.
Make It Happen !

Oz_Sandman

Quote from: rokit on September 17, 2005, 02:53:47 AM
This may have been asked many times, i would've posted in the already made thread but it consider me to start a new topic. <_<

I have a simple question, I've tried it out already but it didn't work.  How do i have the recent post box on my site?  The forum is connected with the site i believe, it shows "hxxp:www.namitamaki.net/forum/ [nonactive]".....  Someone please help me?

Thanks!

Hiya :)

Take a look at This SSI FAQ guide I think it has what you're after and it will give you all you need to put you on the right track :)

I hope this helps :)

1MileCrash

Quote from: SGD on September 17, 2005, 03:56:51 AM
Look in your themes and settings, find your theme and were it say's, Number of recent posts to display on board index: fill in the Number you want to show. By default this is set to zero. I am using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public but should be the same for 105. Hope that helps.

he means on his site, not forums  ::)

you can use ssi for this,
in the head of your page, put this
<?php require("home/your/path/to/SSI.php"); ?>
obviously, repaceing home/your/path/to/SSI.php to the actual path.

Now, whereever you want the recent posts to display, add this small line.
<?php ssi_recentTopics(); ?>

Lastly, rename the extension on your page to .php.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

rokit

So, I would need to change it from .html to .php?  I would like it to display on the first page but it doesn't have any extensions, it's just www.namitamaki.net.   If that's what you mean? 

1MileCrash

change your index page from .htm/.html to .php

rokit

oooooooooooh ok.  Thanks so much for your help!

--------
Do i just grab the code starting from <div> and ending </div> right? And put the code you said to put anywhere? 

SMAguy

QuoteDo i just grab the code starting from <div> and ending </div> right? And put the code you said to put anywhere?

No, just paste in the code exactly as Tippmaster showed you above wherever you want it to display amongst your html code.  It you want to first see what that code displays, load the ssi_examples.php demo file in the root directory of your smf installation.

rokit

Ok, this is the error i keep on getting:

Warning: main(SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ssnet620/public_html/namitamaki/index.php on line 1

Warning: main(SSI.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ssnet620/public_html/namitamaki/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/ssnet620/public_html/namitamaki/index.php on line 1

I did what it says on that page you told me to check out but it's not working!  This is so frustrating!

1MileCrash

your path to ssi is not corect - simple as that.

rokit

YAY!!!!!! I finally got it..... Thanks guys for your help.

One question, can i edit the size and re-format this thing?  I would like to make this fit in 300 width box but this is too big and stretches it out.

Advertisement: