News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] Menu Button Manager mod

Started by Kays, February 21, 2013, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burke ♞ Knight

No errors! :)

However, no Search for new buttons button, now.

Burke ♞ Knight

I just noticed that the active button highlighting on the secondary menu does not work right.
Added SimplePortal, and added the top menu, using sp-forum in the name field, like the one on the main menu does, and even with just Forum. Neither way highlights.

Incidentally, the Custom Top Menu mod does not work well with the highlighting, either.

I wonder how SMF's works...

Draffi

One of the best mods ever!

In combination with the SimplePortal-Pages it is a powerfull tool!

I have a solution for the error, what i was posting here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=498146.msg3566149#msg3566149

Have more than 30 postbased groups. and the "membergroup" permissions was not saving.

After changing the "_mbm" SQL-table (member_groups, VARCHAR 64 changed to 255) it is saving the membergroups.

Draffi

Hello!

I saw, that there is the possibility, to call the menu using SSI.php.

HOW exactly i`m doing this?

I downloaded the SMFCurve Wiki skin from here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=506649.0

And changed the following lines (smfcurve.php)
echo '
<div id="wrapper">
<div id="header">
<div class="frame">
<div id="top_section">
</div>

to:
require("/path/to/SSI.php");
echo '
<div id="wrapper">
<div id="header">
<div class="frame">
<div id="top_section">
      ', ssi_sitemenubar(), '
</div>

But the menu are not showing...

Can somebody help?

Thanks...

Kays

Hi, sorry for the slow responses Haven't been around much lately.  :-[

Re: top menu & wiki skin.

For a start, can you call SSI.php there? Change the call to a simple SSI function such as ssi_welcome() and see if it does display there.

Secondly, you'll probably need to copy or add the code for the menu function , template_site_menu(), to the template file for that skin. As well as the css additions the mod makes.

If that doesn't work and you can call SSI.php there, then you might need to output the results as an array and add all of the code for template_site_menu() in that spot.

Quote from: BurkeKnight on June 25, 2013, 10:44:53 PM
I just noticed that the active button highlighting on the secondary menu does not work right.
Added SimplePortal, and added the top menu, using sp-forum in the name field, like the one on the main menu does, and even with just Forum. Neither way highlights.

For highlighting purposes, the action must match the index for the button. And since the index must be unique, only the first button will be highlighted.

Quote from: Draffi on July 06, 2013, 05:22:26 PM
One of the best mods ever!

Have more than 30 postbased groups. and the "membergroup" permissions was not saving.

After changing the "_mbm" SQL-table (member_groups, VARCHAR 64 changed to 255) it is saving the membergroups.

Thanks. :)

With 30 member groups, 128 should be more than enough. (30 x 3 and then some). Note, if you do wish to enable a button for all members. Just enable it for the "Regular members" group only.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

tooold

Hi.
I'm about to open a new website, and want to use this great MOD on the new site as I have it installed and working perfect on two other sites.

But, on the SMF I'm about to start on this new site I need many "children" under one of the buttons. Using default curve theme it seems to be a problem with more than 8 "children"; the background is transparent from child no 9. It is almost impossible to see the text on the menu from 9 and above.
Is it possible to avoid this transparency)) I will need 14 levels here...

I have SMF 2.0.6 and SP 2.3.5

The test installation can be seen at link deleted.

Edit: Link to site deleted as it is no longer valid related to the topic, site will aslo be non-active for a while.

Arantor

The issue you're referring to is an issue with the Curve theme itself, not this mod.

I would strongly suggest you reconsider the necessity of 14 items in a single block. Quite simply, it's too many. Humans have issues with processing too much data at once in an otherwise unbroken list. As a general rule of thumb, a list of possible choices should have 7±2 (thus, 5 to 9, with 7 being the sweet spot) items.

tooold

Thank you for your response, Arantor :).

I thought it might be the Curve theme itself, tested on other themes without the same issue.

That many menu-items, even in a unbroken list, would hardly be a problem for the users on this specific website. But I absolutely understand your concern, and really appreciate your comments. I will follow your advice, and find other ways to accomplish what I want (presenting 14 different SP pages related to the main menu button).

emanuele

Hi Kays!

* emanuele appears always with some buglet... O:)

I was trying the mod with SimplePortal in stand-alone mode, and noticed that the Aeva notice about the unseen medias is repeated twice.

I "fixed" it adding the following code to processMenus:
static $old_strings = null;

if ($old_strings === null)
{
$old_strings = array(
'pm_short' => $txt['pm_short'],
'aeva_gallery' => isset($txt['aeva_gallery']) ? $txt['aeva_gallery'] : 'Media',
'shd_helpdesk' => isset($txt['shd_helpdesk']) ? $txt['shd_helpdesk'] : '',
);
}

foreach ($old_strings as $key => $text)
$txt[$key] = $text;

Most likely there is a better way to solve it, considering it is not working with Aeva, but is working fine for the personal messages indicator... :-\

BTW, great work as usual! :D
Thanks!

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

samborabora

Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but what is the easiest way to replace the text menu buttons with images? I realize the menu buttons have icons, but is it possible to replace the actual text easily with images?

Kindred

if you absolutely must, then just change subs.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

samborabora

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2014, 05:42:09 PM
if you absolutely must, then just change subs.php
Yeah, I think this comments out alot of the subs so it doesn't respond when I make changes to the subs if this is installed, but I just wanted to confirm with kays that this was how it's supposed to work when this mod is installed. I think it's because all of the buttons are passed onto an array and stored in the database, rather than individual entries in subs?

Arantor

Well, they're still in an array because that's how the menu display code requires them, the only difference is where the array comes from ;)

SD-X

Sorry for yet another bump, but is this "work in progress" still being worked on?

live627

Can't say for sure. Seems to be a prolonged lack of activity...

You can try this in the meantime (shameless plug :D) http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3674

Slightly different, but does add an admin interface to extend the main menu in much the same way.

Advertisement: