Modules operated mod sedurity.

Started by Panoulis64, February 23, 2013, 12:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panoulis64

I wonder if it is possible to make a separation or ordered from the manufacturers of the plugins  writing "by working with mod sedurity".
For several days I install and uninstall mod to see what from all this can work in my forum.
Security issue of the websites hosting the server, making it necessary to function mod sedurity.
So if there was this clarification, I would not have this trouble and I guess he is not the only user SMF.  where happens this one.

(And of course, I ask if he can make this distinction, although I think all plugins should be compatible with mod sedurity)

Kindred

why? Most hosts have a stupid and improper configuration of mod_security set up...  and most of them (most decent hosts that is) will turn it off when requested.

So, SMF should work with improperly configured hosts?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Kindred: Considering most hosts are improperly configured...

OT: mod_security is such a PITA, it should be turned off on every host. If not ask them, if they refuse search for a different host.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Quote from: Panoulis64 on February 23, 2013, 12:51:20 PMSecurity issue of the websites hosting the server, making it necessary to function mod sedurity.

mod sedurity (sic) is the most pathetic thing ever invented.

To show you how pathetic, typing the word "Essex", where I used to live, causes problems, because it contains the letters "S", "E" and "X", in that order (As I've mentioned, here, a few times).

Now tell me how great and necessary it is...

MrPhil

Panoulis64

Thanks for your opinions, but none gives answer.
Good or bad, there is
So there should be and solutions to address the problem.

I think it's sad to have to change a server that I just paid and instead prefer when built on a foundation may not have the appropriate solutions.

Such a large application like the SMF is used by so many users worldwide, I suggest you write in big letters "If your server has on mod sedurity, Do not have solutions to operate correctly ".
This is based on the logic to force the server to a host, let 100 joomla exposed (in terms of hosting) to disable mod sedurity
only one forum SMF!!!!  :(

MrPhil

You're not paying attention to what we're saying. You go to your host's tech support, and you tell them, "Please disable 'mod security' on my account (or tell me exactly how to do it). It's interfering with an application I'm running, and isn't needed." If they refuse to do so, then you have to change hosts, because they're stupid and incompetent, or just stubborn.

kat

Arantor

Most mods should actually work fine with mod_security if properly written; there are only a few instances I can think of where a plugin would actually fail with mod_security and those instances were already fixed.

But all the preceding comments mean that there's really not a lot we can actually do; mod_security kicks in before the request even gets to SMF in the first place.

Advertisement: