Crash during upgrade - Urgent advise needed

Started by hawkman, September 18, 2005, 12:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkman

I think my connection momentairly failed while copying the file to the server.  I restarted and thought I got them all but when I went to run upgrade php. I got this message

"The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme."

I am going to attempt the entire file copy again

All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

JayBachatero

Ok reupload your files and overwrite all of them.  So click overwrite all.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

hawkman

OK, I recopyed the entire thing again and it said transfer sucessful but i still get the same old language files message when I run "upgrade.php".

I did have a few of the following messages during the re-file copy " MKD /public_html/avatars/Musicians
550 "Can't create directory: File exists
    CWD /public_html/avatars/Musicians

If I try to open the forum, I get "Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
Back"  Is this to be expected at this point or should I go into  MyAdmin in Cpanel and attempt to repair the database?

Even though I use the Classic theme, I do have some other theme folders on the server such as longhorn etc.  Could language files in those folders be a problem?

In review this is what i did.  I unzipped 1.1 upgrade to a "beta1.1 folder on my pc.  >I highlighted Beta1.1 on the left pane of Windows explorer>I went to the right pane and highlighted all the subfolders and files of beta1.1 and clicked copy>I opened smartFTP>highlighted public_htlm and clicked paste.  I had one disrupted even followed by two more that said siccessful transfer but it still says I have old language files.

This is my worst nightmare
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

xenovanis

Maybe try using another ftp-program, like FileZilla. It seems like something goes wrong during the upload. Are you using any other languages besides english?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

hawkman

No xenovanis, I am only using English.  I will try your suggestion immediatly.

I Thank You because this is a medical patient support forum and I hate that I have done this.  I will report back.

hawkman

I downloaded Filezilla but all it extracted were about a 100 COD files.  No executable files no setup program.

One more point on my problem uploading, I noticed when I was copying & replacing files on the server SMF1.0.5 install with the extracted beta version that some of the files from the beta version had an older date than my files.  Even more strange is that if I look at the extracted beta folders on my PC they still have different file dates than the server even though I did a copy and paste 3 times, and even though I got the message tranfer completed.  HOW CAN THAT BE?  The attachments directory on the server should look just like the extracted attachment directory on my pc.

can I pay for some kind of support to rescue the forum upgrade?     I guess I could delete everything, reinstall SMF 1.0.5 and do a restore.  Having no manual and being new is stressing.

xenovanis

Okay, send me your

- ftp details
- mysql details
- link to your forum

by PM please, I see what I can do.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

hawkman

Not to clutter up the forum but I cannot leave this thread without expressing appreciation for Xenovanis.     What a help, and what an unselfish act of service to people in need. 

Thanks so much!

Advertisement: