News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installer STILL not detecting MySQL in PHP

Started by meldra, September 18, 2005, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meldra

I am having some difficulty installing SMF on my home testing server.

It is a LAMP setup (Linux with Apache, Mysql and Php). After extracting the archive and consequently attempting to run the install script, I am met with:

QuoteThe installer was unable to detect MySQL support in PHP. Please ask your host to ensure that PHP was compiled with MySQL, or that the proper extension is being loaded.

This is confusing me somewhat, as I have phpMyAdmin running very happily on the very same server.

phpinfo() -> http://meldra.no-ip.info/phpinfo.php [nofollow]
sqltest from one of [unknown]'s tutorials -> http://meldra.no-ip.info/mysqltest.php [nofollow]

Please help  :-[

ps: I am not a server guru, I just know the ultra basics for how to set one up. The linux I use is Ubuntu, a Debian derivative which hence has synaptic/apt-get. I have not fiddled with the apache/sql/php stuff since it was installed via the fore-mentioned method.

Nigel Lew

Ubuntu rules!   you need to go into your synaptic package manager and install your php "modules" you will see php4-mysql   you may also need pear and perl modules depending on what you are doing other than the forum. I would suggest installing gd and imagemagick as well.. Pretty standard server stuff.....

hope that helps
Nigel

derek_allen_02

I am also having the same problem. I'm running mandrake linux 10.2. I downloaded MySQL 4.1.14 and installed that. I followd the install binary file so its all installed correctly. I've searched through other threads about this problem. The other threads said to change the extenison_dir. I'm unable to change the php.ini file. Plus, i'm not sure what version of PHP comes with 10.2. Also, i'm unable to do the synaptic package manager because i'm using Direcway and Linux does not support Direcway.

any suggestions????

meldra

Ubuntu does indeed rule  ;D

the php4-mysql thingie is already done. I had to do this to get Webmin/Usermin (i use them so i can mess with my server from school  ;)) to work. However, I did php4-pear, perl was already there. This has made absolutely no difference, I still cannot install  :'(

Oldiesmann

I noticed something interesting... Many of the modules have been loaded using "--with-module=shared,/usr", and none of those are showing up in the modules section of phpinfo... Based on your current config command, I suggest re-compiling PHP with this:

Quote'../configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4/apache' '--enable-memory-limit' '--disable-debug' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-static' '--with-pic' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-pear=/usr/share/php' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-bcmath' '--with-bz2' '--enable-ctype' '--with-db4' '--with-iconv' '--enable-exif' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--disable-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-yp' '--with-zlib' '--without-pgsql' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--enable-dbx' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php4/libexec' '--without-mm' '--with-curl=/usr' '--with-dom=/usr' '--with-dom-xslt=/usr' '--with-dom-exslt=/usr' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-gd=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-imap=/usr' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-ldap=shared,/usr' '--with-mcal=/usr' '--with-mhash=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-unixODBC=/usr' '--with-recode=/usr' '--enable-xslt=shared' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr' '--with-snmp=/usr' '--with-sybase-ct=/usr' '--with-ttf=/usr' '--with-t1lib=/usr'

I don't even know what this "--with-module=shared" thing does (I can't really find any info on that on the internet).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

You don't want shared, that's why it's not working.  You need to load the so that way.

-[Unknown]

meldra

I think I might have forgotten to mention, im sort of a linux n00b. I dont have any idea how to recompile something  :-[

Would you'se like to explain the process a bit pweeeeeeese?

-----
Meldra

Advertisement: