News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can I suggest something?

Started by redone, September 18, 2005, 04:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redone

There are many excellent templates you can use for your SMF forum. To find them you need to search through the graphics section of the board.

Any chance we could just have a section that listed all the themes with a download link or something like that?

This would help new users find the many excellent theme's that are available much quicker. Just an idea.

:)

dtm.exe

I think that we're going to make a child board in the graphics board.  That should make it easier to navigate.

redone

1MileCrash

you can usually find like, all of them, if you search for "[Theme]"
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

dtm.exe

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 18, 2005, 07:56:22 PM

True.

Navy

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 18, 2005, 07:56:22 PM
Yeah, but the idea is good !

redone

I am thinking of the "new" people that arrive here to be honest. I agree all those methods mentioned do work.

If you actually look through that topic you posted you will also see a lot of the thumbnails don't actually show anything just the dreaded red square.

This topic only came about for me because I am looking for a theme and I know what it looks like but cannot remember the name!  >:(

dtm.exe

Quote from: redone on September 19, 2005, 06:44:20 AM
I am thinking of the "new" people that arrive here to be honest. I agree all those methods mentioned do work.

If you actually look through that topic you posted you will also see a lot of the thumbnails don't actually show anything just the dreaded red square.

This topic only came about for me because I am looking for a theme and I know what it looks like but cannot remember the name!  >:(

There will, eventually, be something we implement that will make choosing and downloading a theme very easy.

redone

Cool, there are now many awesome SMF theme's and I am sure it would really help the new people and people like me who are looking for a theme and cannot remember the name!

;)

Amacythe

Why don't you describe the theme you're looking for? Maybe someone else can tell you which one it is :)

johnm

i know its a bit more work but blocs got the right idea the way he shows his themes at timyportal.net, but this is probably not possible to do here with so many themes

deFain

Quote from: dtm.exe on September 19, 2005, 06:59:03 AM
Quote from: redone on September 19, 2005, 06:44:20 AM

There will, eventually, be something we implement that will make choosing and downloading a theme very easy.
Well, don't try googling for it.  :o
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=51548.msg364181#msg364181

Advertisement: