News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Expand and Collapse

Started by zifaun, March 24, 2013, 04:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zifaun

Hi, its been awhile since I've used SMF, but decided to use it for a new project.

I noticed that the headers with the expand and collapse button are still buggy. When the button is clicked, the entire content sticks to the top of the header and it will stay that way.

The following screen shot is of a freshly installed forum.

I don't want to disable it. Is there any way to fix this?

Kindred

what do you mean by:    " the entire content sticks to the top of the header and it will stay that way" ??

the image which you include is exactly correct.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

For some reason on the page load immediately after collapsing or uncollapsing a category, the text is misaligned in its container - it is aligned higher up than it should be.

Reproducible on 2.0.4.

Kindred

Hmmmm... Which browser?

It doesn't appear to do that for me in Firefox.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Does it for me on a fresh Chrome install.

Antechinus

I remember this from 2.0.x development days. Way back then I did come up with a fix for it, and I'm pretty sure it was applied. Google may have done a Microsoft and broken the fix.

shadow82x

I'm able to reproduce this on the forums here. Definitely a bug.

Chrome 25.0
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Antechinus

Go for it. Find a cure. :D I might do it, if I ever used that feature, which I don't, and if I ever used Chrome apart from testing.

shadow82x

Quote from: Antechinus on March 24, 2013, 05:07:53 PM
Go for it. Find a cure. :D I might do it, if I ever used that feature, which I don't, and if I ever used Chrome apart from testing.
Hmm, I have no idea where you would even start on it. Do you think it's a css issue? o.o
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Antechinus

From memory (not having looked at that code for ages) I think it was a javascript thingy.

zifaun

Thanks for looking into it.

I hope it really gets resolved this time around, I made a similar post a year or two ago. It was suppose to be fixed in an upcoming update but apparently it hasn't.

Storman™

Topic moved to "Bug Reports"

Kindred

As antechinus says... I believe it WAS fixed and then was rebroken by Chrome again....because I can't replicate it on Firefox :P
Слaва
Украинi

emanuele

table.table_list a.unreadlink, table.table_list a.collapse
{
float: right;
position: relative;
}
h3.catbg a
{
position: absolute;
}

ETA: of course this is just something I found using the trial and error approach. No idea if it is correct, ugly, doable in other ways, etc.
Anyway such graphical buglets are usually not fixed in patches, because only security fixes are applied.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

M4R1O

how to disable this on 2.0.8 ?

Kindred

Well,first of all, I suggest that you post your question in somewhere other than fixed bugs...
Слaва
Украинi

M4R1O

I did'n want to open new topic when this one has correct title but ok  ;)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Same in my side here but I think it is just in chrome or safari for windows. In Firefox and IE it is still ok.

Advertisement: