News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No "admin hook menus" are being shown

Started by hcfwesker, March 31, 2013, 05:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

SMF 2.0.4

I have several MODs that require "hooks" to display the admin menu, one for example is Adk Personal Icons Forums ... and I had no problem accessing this about 3 weeks ago.  Then recently I went to customize some options, and not a single one of my MODs that require hooks to display the admin menu link for them, are appearing.

Anyone know what could have caused this.  Our host did have a server upgrade during this time, but I haven't gotten any clear indication that it was the cause.

In the attched pic, I'm missing links to the MODs :
Adk Personal Icons Forums
Likes Pro MOD
Alert Pro MOD
PremiumBeat Player

If I manually type in admin URL for these MODs, I just get redirected to the admin home page. :(

redone

Maybe try and uninstall and re-install one of the mods, see if that fixes it. Ensure you have a good backup of everything some where though.

hcfwesker

Well, thing is ( and I forgot to point it out), I made a fresh 2.0.4 test forum, and installed these MODs on it, and still had the same issue. :(  It's gotta be something on the server's end, I'm almost certain, problem is I don't know what to tell them for them to even know what to look at.

Arantor

Or it could be a buggy mod... seems like one or other might be adding the hooks incorrectly.

hcfwesker

Ok, tried some other experimenting.  On a fresh smf install, I can get ADK and Premiumbeat MOD to install and display admin menus just fine.  But neither Alerts nor Likes on fresh install show up the admin option.  Noone else on the MOD support's site is having this issue.  I don't see the need to uninstall them and reinstall them on my LIVE site until I can find the problem and get them working on my test site first.  I'm still trying, even added the 'Hooks Integration" mod and not getting any clear indication there.  It even says my Alerts admin hook is there, but not working.

Arantor

Probably because they need to add files to be loaded, but for whatever reason aren't/can't be run. Double check the include hook and that the file(s) it references are loaded.

Deaks

hcfwesker, did you get this solved? I have marked this as solved until you get back to us.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

OzzyMozzy

Im having the very same problem....

Adk Personal Icons, Likes Pro Mod are working on the forum but in the Admin panel they are not there!

Did anyone work the issue out??

Arantor

If I had to guess, I'd guess based on previous experience that it's incompetence on the part of the developers for failing to read the instructions left for them years ago on how to use hooks properly, and for failing to test their stuff on PHP 5.4 which requires them to actually do it properly in the first place.

This is not an uncommon problem from certain mod authors, including some that charge money for their mods (and then don't bother to actually fix them when it is pointed out to them, then again one of the paid modders has a mod that won't even work properly on any Windows server without help, and that's been the case for the last year or more)

OzzyMozzy

Arantor

No, you should contact the mod authors and get them to fix them.

Is that Likes Pro mod the one by Nibogo? Because if so, all of his mods have the same issue. And he's been told what to fix and invariably if you ask him he might just give you instructions on fixing it rather than actually fixing his packages (because I know other people that have had the exact same problem)

Arantor

That's because they took their mods off the mod site to their own site after a fight with the SMF team over something petty.

OzzyMozzy

Ah ok i see now... I'll chase them up on their own site then. Thanks for the help

hcfwesker

Quote from: OzzyMozzy on July 20, 2014, 06:25:39 PM
Likes Pro Mod

If its the same fix mine required for Likes

Try making this edit in the following file

LikesBasics.php

find
function likes_admin_areas($admin_areas)
Replace with
function likes_admin_areas(&$admin_areas)

Arantor

Yes, that's the general solution but it's certainly better to hassle the mod author to get them to fix it once and for all. For example on more than one occasion Nibogo has just told people how to fix it rather than actually fixing the master package for his mods.

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: hcfwesker on July 22, 2014, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: OzzyMozzy on July 20, 2014, 06:25:39 PM
Likes Pro Mod

If its the same fix mine required for Likes

Try making this edit in the following file

LikesBasics.php

find
function likes_admin_areas($admin_areas)
Replace with
function likes_admin_areas(&$admin_areas)

I'll give that a shot tonight, thanks

Advertisement: