Deleted Theme still in Look and Layout

Started by Acans, April 04, 2013, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

When you delete a theme, any users that still had it as there default will automatically switched to the forum default.

However, the users profile isn't updated to reflect this. It still thinks the old theme exist, and that it's the users default.

Steps to reproduce:

Install April Fools Day theme
Make default for Forum and all members
Switch all users back the next day to Curve
Have one strange kid select the April Fools Day theme as his default
Delete Theme

* ѕησω prepares his speech for the most insignificant Bug of the Year Awards, 2013
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you remove the theme in Theme Settings before deleting it?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Acans

Quote from: Krash. on April 04, 2013, 03:23:30 PM
Did you remove the theme in Theme Settings before deleting it?

I didn't do anything. This screenshot is of THIS SMF installation. :)
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Sir Osis of Liver

Doesn't happen in my 2.0.4 test install.  User selects theme -> admin removes theme -> user's theme and profile are updated to default theme.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Acans

Must just be a bug on this Installation then lol :)

TheListener

Quote from: ѕησω on April 05, 2013, 10:49:59 PM
Must just be a bug on this Installation then lol :)

* Old Fossil has just seen a ghost

Ohh er hi Snow.

* Old Fossil runs

Arantor

Well, the theme isn't showing up here... I'd almost be inclined to think it's caching somehow...

Unless it can be reproduced on a normal 2.0 or 2.1 install, I think it's a no-go. And if it *can*... Github is ---> this way

Acans

I've updated the image link to the correct one, but I'm gonna take a wander and see if I can reproduce it myself.

If I'm unlucky you'll see it on GitHub :)

Arantor

I did check it on here before closing; I didn't see that theme listed on this site ;D

Acans

Yeah Runic removed it a few days after. I did some local testing and couldn't reproduce, caching it is :).

Advertisement: