Re: PM PopUp is not working...

Started by vkot, April 05, 2013, 12:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkot

I have the same problem: PM Popup not working, and username auto-complete in "To:" field not working.
I have not installed "Post Image Upload", mentioned here. I don't remember exactly when the problem appeared. Here is my list of installed mods:

eFloating Bar for Guest & Members    0.1    
Related Topics    1.4
Google Member Map    2.0.8
SMF Classifieds    2.0.2
SMF Trader System    1.6
Auto Merge Double Post    1.5
Treasury    2.10
Aeva Media    1.4w
Bookmarks    2.5
SMF Quiz    1.1.1 beta1
Rules On Post V1 Full Version
TinyPortal    1.107

The problem probably lies somewhere in the mods that I installed lately: Aeva Media, SMF Quiz, TinyPortal. But I don't want to uninstall them just to try and see. I am afraid to lose the content I have put in there.
So I want to ask the people that had the same problem, what file of SMF was messed by the mod and caused the problem? Was it a .js file maybe? Template? Source?
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

Kindred

Please do not hijack someone else's old post...   especially since you probably have differing causes.

Not sure about the original post, but your problem is very clearly a conflicting javascript from one of the mods.
The failure of the autocomplete pretty much nails it as that.

As for uninstalling mods...  you don't typically lose the data when you uninstall a mod, just the display stuff
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

I'd try uninstalling the Quiz first - that has quite conflicty javascript.  (If conflicty isn't a word it should be ;) )

vkot

I also noticed that @mention members mod was not auto-completing too, as it should, so I decided to uninstall SMF Quiz. @mention members mod is auto-completing now (so, SMF Quiz is really to blame for something), but nothing changed in PMs...  :(
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.

Chalky

Have you tried uninstalling the eFloating Bar mod since that also uses js and is quite old?  Don't forget to take a full backup before uninstalling/installing just in case.

vkot

I discovered the problem, it was a conflict with a style switcher code that I had put:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=520369.msg3694074#msg3694074
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=473095
It affected auto-complete recipient when sending PM, and pop-up PM notification.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: