Converting back to SMF from phpBB3

Started by Galaxy Computers, April 09, 2013, 10:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

First I have converted my SMF to phpBB3 then I have decided to covert my forum back to SMF due to phpBB3 features doesn't work the way I want them to work.  First I still have my old database, I have made new posts on the new phpBB3 database which way should I do it to so I can be up to date when I convert back to SMF?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Galaxy Computers

Well I have already deleted the phpBB3 out of my server. What do I need to do from here?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

I believe there's a "Read Me", in the archive.

Galaxy Computers

are you talking about in the converter or the full installation? there is no "Read Me" in the archive for the converter.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

The converter.

I'm not sure what you mean by...

QuoteI have made new posts on the new phpBB3 database which way should I do it to so I can be up to date when I convert back to SMF?

...though, I have to confess.

Galaxy Computers

There is no "Read Me" in the converter.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

OK. I just download the file and dearchived it.

To me, it seems obvious what to do.

Upload the files and navigate your browser to your URL/convert.php

Seem reasonable?

Galaxy Computers

Well it wouldn't let me go any further here is a screenshot

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

I suspect that'll be because...

Quote from: mtechama on April 09, 2013, 11:09:58 AM
I have already deleted the phpBB3 out of my server.

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

I have the latest version of SMF 2.0.4 but my Database still shows 2.0.2 what is the best way to upgrade my Database?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Deaks

download the upgrade package and upload the upgrade.php to the main forum directory and run that script.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Galaxy Computers

do I need upload the all the files and folders to do the database upgrade?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

Nope. Just Upgrade.php and the *.sql files.

Arantor

This is where it gets really fun: there are no database changes between 2.0.2 and 2.0.4... and if that wasn't enough, I'm not sure the upgrader will even update the database properly to reflect the new version (regarding smfVersion)

Oldiesmann

This has always been a confusing part of SMF - the "database version" is not necessarily the same as the "SMF version" - it simply indicates what version of SMF was used when the database was created/updated last. There are rarely database changes between minor versions (there was at least one case in the 1.1 series I believe where this happened), so don't worry about the database version being at 2.0.2.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Arantor

Quotethere was at least one case in the 1.1 series I believe where this happened

Last schema change should have been 1.1.9 for 1.1.x and 2.0 RC3 or 2.0 RC4 for 2.0.x.

Advertisement: