News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help with html and image placement

Started by TheListener, April 25, 2013, 06:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

OK so I have a page which needs an html gurus help.

The page

What I am trying to achieve is the train timetable on the right of the traffic (Frixo) widget.

The train timetable is a widget provided by the company.

MrPhil

A couple of Quick 'n' Dirty solutions:

• Change the timetable's style from width: 200px to width: 200px; display: inline;
  • Change the timetable's style from width: 200px to width: 200px; float: right;
The second one will shove the timetable clear over to the right, but you may have to do a clear: both style on the "Return to Forum" link to bring it down below the timetable.

Would it matter with them being provided by the companies?
There is no BBCode on an HTML page -- you have to use HTML code there.

Call it maintenance lol

TheListener

As to my last question the answer was NO.

:)

Sheesh I'll get there one day.

MrPhil

Um, why did you edit my post rather than reply in a new post (and quote me there)?

As for your question, in Firebug I edited the page to change the style as suggested and it worked fine. You shouldn't have any trouble with it, assuming that <div> with the width is something you provided. If not, you'll have to wrap another <div> around it.

Arantor

Quote from: MrPhil on April 25, 2013, 09:53:22 PM
Um, why did you edit my post rather than reply in a new post (and quote me there)?

He does that surprisingly often.

TheListener

Quote from: MrPhil on April 25, 2013, 09:53:22 PM

As for your question, in Firebug I edited the page to change the style as suggested and it worked fine. You shouldn't have any trouble with it, assuming that <div> with the width is something you provided. If not, you'll have to wrap another <div> around it.

blasted fingers are at it again.

Apologies Mr Phil.

Thanks for the help anyways as it worked.

* Old Fossil replaces fingers with new ones.

Advertisement: