News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spoiler Tag

Started by AzaToth, September 20, 2005, 11:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nifelhein

check individual group permissions, on the membergroups tab of the admin panel, it worked for me when that happened. ;)

michelangelo

Quote from: Nifelhein on April 25, 2007, 07:15:40 PM
check individual group permissions, on the membergroups tab of the admin panel, it worked for me when that happened. ;)

Doesnt work in 1.1.2 as well. I'd be really convenient if we could hide big signatures in spoiler tags.

Nifelhein

If you want to limit what a signature shows or whether it can be displayed once or every time in a single page, chck the tips and tricks sticky thread, it requires direct coding into the files, but is easy enough to follow and solves any issue you might have with it.

But I haven't seen a way to add spoiler tags to the signatures at all.

Also, be sure that both the membergroup permissions and the individual boards permissions (if you have boartds with non general permissions) allows users to post and see spoilers, else it won't work.

bratgirl

Hi, I installed this mod and its working great... for me. But a lot of my forum members say that they don't see any spoiler cuts and that when they use "spoiler" the page freezes.

I tried all three settings, and one user reported this for the mouseover one:

"if i type the  "spoiler=test" it's the same (as the others) ... i don't see the show/hide button
if i type the "spoiler"
it says i have no permission to post spoilers"

anyone know what might be the problem? IE7 seems to be being used and javascript is enabled.

Vinspire

It is not working well in my SMF 1.1.2  :-[

I cant choose this features ...

All of my spoiler become like this

oh tell me why ?  :'(

Nifelhein

Check if you have a choice on admin panel in either current theme or features and options, in the first you get to choose the type of spoiler to be used in that theme, in the second you choose the default spoilers used in any theme, thus changing any theme using the default spoiler to that choice. ;)

Vinspire

Quote from: Nifelhein on May 01, 2007, 09:33:51 AM
Check if you have a choice on admin panel in either current theme or features and options, in the first you get to choose the type of spoiler to be used in that theme, in the second you choose the default spoilers used in any theme, thus changing any theme using the default spoiler to that choice. ;)

I tried that but it is still not working. Except I missed out something.

Nifelhein

Maybe you are not using the default theme? Mods only install to the default theme as a rule, for other themes it may require direct coding for them to work.

Vinspire

Quote from: Nifelhein on May 01, 2007, 01:47:06 PM
Maybe you are not using the default theme? Mods only install to the default theme as a rule, for other themes it may require direct coding for them to work.

I am using the default theme and manually did the checkup on the mod .... cant seems to figure out whats the problem.

Nifelhein

Hmm... if it installed fine it should be there. I don't think I can help you, as I am just a satisfied user of the mod myself, and hardly know enough coding to be of much help. My first attempt would be to uninstall it, download the latest version and reinstall it.

:(

noelchiew

Does anybody know what have to be done for the mod to be applied/work on custom themes?

I noticed that in the default theme, the spoiler button in the reply post screen seems a bit weird. It is not aligned horizontally as with other buttons? It is sort of lower than the rest, is it supposed to be like that?

N3lson

Quote from: Vinspire on May 01, 2007, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Nifelhein on May 01, 2007, 09:33:51 AM

I tried that but it is still not working. Except I missed out something.

Style.css.of your theme
I´m Portuguese Yeah

Yuripro84

I have 1.1.2 as well, and am using it mainly for the gallery part of my forum (I have templates for downloads and put junk like copyrights in these tags).  It works perfect as an admin, but when i log out as a guest, the spoiler tags don't even show up....or at least not in FireFox.  Hope this gets fixed, but if not, oh well.  Is there an alternative of this anyone know of that works for 1.1.2?

Oh yea, I don't know if it was because somethin went wrong, but the Spoiler image wasn't showing up either.  It was 0.3.2 if that helps any.

Forgot to mention, I did give guests, and all others permissions to use and view spoilers.  I also tried the different types, and still no luck.

N3lson

Quote from: Yuripro84 on May 06, 2007, 04:06:30 AM
I have 1.1.2 as well, and am using it mainly for the gallery part of my forum (I have templates for downloads and put junk like copyrights in these tags).  It works perfect as an admin, but when i log out as a guest, the spoiler tags don't even show up....or at least not in FireFox.  Hope this gets fixed, but if not, oh well.  Is there an alternative of this anyone know of that works for 1.1.2?

Oh yea, I don't know if it was because somethin went wrong, but the Spoiler image wasn't showing up either.  It was 0.3.2 if that helps any.

Forgot to mention, I did give guests, and all others permissions to use and view spoilers.  I also tried the different types, and still no luck.

Works fine in here
I´m Portuguese Yeah

BountYHunTercGn

Quote from: Yuripro84 on May 06, 2007, 04:06:30 AM

I have the same problem...

Greetz...

Chucky

Mine works in both IE and Firefox but I do notice that it doesn't work at all when I'm logged out and I've got it showing spoilers for guests in permissions.

talk-zones

I wanted the fact that aspoiler was present to be visible to those without permissions rather than just a blank area appearing.

In my own case the only membergroup not allowed to view spoilers are guests so the text I have used reflects this but you can obviously change it to suit!

After Installing the spoilers mod in your forums "Sources" directory open the file Subs.php

Locate:
if(!allowedTo('spoiler_show'))
return '';

Replace with:
if(!allowedTo('spoiler_show')) {
$retval = (
'<div class="spoiler"><div class="spoilerheader">'.
'<input type="button" class="spoilerbutton" value="'.$txt['spoiler_tag_text'].$topic.'" '.
'onClick="n = this.parentNode.parentNode.lastChild;if(n.style.display == \'none\') {n.style.display = \'block\';} else {n.style.display = \'none\';} return false;"/> '.
$txt['spoiler_tag_click_info'].'</div><div class="spoilerbody" style="display: none">
<h5>Sorry Guest - You must be logged in to view spoilers.</h5></div></div>'
);
return $retval;
}

In the above segment I have used the text "Sorry Guest - You must be logged in to view spoilers." to display to those without pemissions to view spoilers using the HTML Heading 5 style. You can as I mentioned, change this to suit your needs. It's also fine to use this segment and condition test in each case switch that follows the code you replace in this example with minor adjustment, this will allow display of the Spoiler using the reveal method you have set in the Admin Panel.

Hope this is of use to some. 

Chucky

Quote from: talk-zones on May 07, 2007, 04:08:10 PM
Locate:
if(!allowedTo('spoiler_show'))
return '';

If I were to locate that part and delete it, would the spoiler show for everyone? I just want it to show for everyone.

talk-zones

No code change needed for what you want.

To make spoilers available to all just set the permissions for the membergroups using the "Show spoilers" and/or "Post Spoilers" check boxes.

Chucky

Already did that. Doesn't show up at all for guests and I select for all members to be able to show and post them and they still get the permission error.

Could it be that I'm using classic theme? Though, I would have thought if it was a theme issue, the spoiler wouldn't have worked at all.

EDIT: Tried using in default theme and still same problem. Can not view spoiler and can not post spoiler even though I have the permissions set correctly. Seems that I (admin account) can only view and post spoilers.

Advertisement: