akbora

need screenshot I don't understand it..
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Storman™

Sounds good but how does it work ?

Haven't had time to install yet but is there a config section where you add links ?   :D

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: akbora on April 27, 2013, 05:06:30 AM
need screenshot I don't understand it..

Screenshot added.

Quote from: Storman™ on April 27, 2013, 06:06:42 AM
Sounds good but how does it work ?

Haven't had time to install yet but is there a config section where you add links ?   :D

once you install this mod, you will redirect to mod settings page, after you enable it , all links will be redirect in new page with countdown. then go and create a link in editor to post a new topic/or reply.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» Birthdate On Registration
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
» Search Topic & Board Button
Browse All...

Shambles

... after you enable it , all links will be redirect in new page with countdown. then go and create a link in editor to post a new topic/or reply.

Sorry buddy - I don't understand what the mod achieves. Can you explain how it's used in a forum?

FrizzleFried

I think I get what it does... just wondering how it deals with current links... and... to be honest with you... wonder what USE the mod will be... why would you want a countdown redirect?   I guess it's a way to FORCE someone to a specific link... but I can see some severe abuse potential.   Just imagine users dropping auto-redirects throughout the forum linking to a bad site like 2girls1cup or meatspin?

Shambles

So, I post an external link within a topic, and members who click that link will be redirected (to where?) after a countdown expires?

It's just not clear at all, to me.

Arantor

There are some 'legitimate' uses of this, if you feel your users are too stupid to realise that links that they click on will take them off your site and potentially contain content you have no ability to control or edit and are not liable for.

Everything else? Sorry, not convinced it's that useful.

Mr. Pedram

Have you ever seen something like this on vbulletin?  :D so if you did, the question is, why vbulletin use this mod?  ;)
ok forget vbulletin, have you ever seen redirect links on Internet?!  :D so, why some site using redirect links?

Why would you want a redirect link?
So it's not so obvious but you're promoting an affiliate link!!
It's a personal choice...

Also, you can put a commercial banner for advertising in the redirect page, force users to see the advertising!

Quote from: Shambles on April 27, 2013, 10:46:27 AM
So, I post an external link within a topic, and members who click that link will be redirected (to where?) after a countdown expires?

It's just not clear at all, to me.

after countdown expires, you will redirected to real link.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

Arantor

QuoteWhy would you want a redirect link?
So it's not so obvious but you're promoting an affiliate link!!
It's a personal choice...

Most of the time it's not an affiliate link, most of the times I've seen it it was a warning about redirecting to off-site links that 'might not be safe'.

Mr. Pedram

Well, as i said it's a personal choice, this mod isn't useful for all forums, but useful at all. it doesn't matter how much.

if you head to the vbulletin mod, you can find your answers guys, i don't know how make you convince! ;)
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

snyperthugs

So you cant even choose what goes in the redirect screen??  whats the use?  Im kinda lost
www.4mydjs.com - Get Your Music Heard!

Mr. Pedram

Quote from: snyperthugs on May 01, 2013, 10:40:17 PM
So you cant even choose what goes in the redirect screen??  whats the use?  Im kinda lost

just put your link between [ u r l ] tag then click , that's all.
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

Sudhakar Arjunan

Good i will try now.

How it may improve my ad rotation.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

johnpaul2k2

nice mod

but i will like to add a "preferred" page link where it will perform it's redirect???  other than my homepage

example
http://blankrefer.com/?http://wwwtopnichez.com

hydtah

Quotenice mod

but i will like to add a "preferred" page link where it will perform it's redirect???  other than my homepage

example
blankrefer.com/?http :hxxp:wwwtopnichez.com [nonactive]
ME TO

Mr. Pedram

I'll add this on new version. thanks
My Modifications:
» Loading For SMF
» Buddies Block
» Redirect Links
» PM Warning
» Instagram
» Add Table,Td,Tr Button
Browse All...

SirLouen

Is this still working?

This is an extremely useful plugin that I was searching for a while for two reasons:

1. If you want to alert your users that they are accessing something outside the forum that is under your control
2. THE MOST IMPORTANT: You kill the SEO interest for people trying to introduce links in your site for linkbuilding purposes. Way better than "nofollow".

But I would like to know, if it's possible to  avoid this redirector in some links. For example: Links input by certain groups.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: SirLouen on May 11, 2018, 11:21:01 AM
Is this still working?

This is an extremely useful plugin that I was searching for a while for two reasons:

1. If you want to alert your users that they are accessing something outside the forum that is under your control
2. THE MOST IMPORTANT: You kill the SEO interest for people trying to introduce links in your site for linkbuilding purposes. Way better than "nofollow".

But I would like to know, if it's possible to  avoid this redirector in some links. For example: Links input by certain groups.

The author said that the last time he was active was in 2015 however, he just tried it and it works as it should ... I doubt that it is modified by the copyright issue although a personal modification with some time can be achieved what you want.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

diegolyanky

Sorry for revive this topic...

I want to redirect the attachments ...

What should I modify to redirect the attachments?

I mean, by clicking on an attached file, redirect to Redirector.template.php and then start the download.
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Advertisement: