News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

MOSBOT discussbot - what is the exact syntax?

Started by weissefar, September 21, 2005, 07:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weissefar

After installing SMF I have now installed the discussbot as a MAMBO mambot. The installation seems to have succeeded, so the discussbot should be ready to use. I have added this code to my template index.php file:

<?php
ob_start
('output');
$buffer ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();
$buffer str_replace('<input type="hidden" name="sc" value="" />','<input type=hidden name="sc" value="'.$sc.'">'$buffer);
echo 
$buffer;
?>

I am however a bit confused about HOW to use the discussbot!?! As far as I have understood you can make a new item and somewhere in the WYSIWYG-editor you can write {mos_smf_discuss:Board Name} where "Board Name" is substituted with a an actual existing Board in the forum. I have a board called "Generelt", so I insert this in the editor:

{mos_smf_discuss:Generelt}

When I publish the item to the front page I only see this in the article:

{mos_smf_discuss:Generelt}

And in the forum board "Generelt" there has not been created a new topic automatically?!? What am I doing wrong? The mambot is installed with default settings as I found that there was no need to adjust the default settings.  ???
www.roland-arranger.com
www.yamaha-arranger.dk

[Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...]
[Make a living by what you get but make a life by what you give]

Kindred

but you do need to adjust the settings...

for the default board in the settigs enter no_discuss
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

weissefar

That did it  ;) pretty simple - yet it took me hours to fumbling for the right way to do it... Thanks a lot!  ;D
www.roland-arranger.com
www.yamaha-arranger.dk

weissefar

Well, it works, but I have a couple of questions:

Can I use the Danish letters "æ","ø" and "å"? If I write {mos_smf_discuss:PA-anlæg} it doesn't work, but if the board is called "PA-anlaeg" in stead, it will work to write: {mos_smf_discuss:PA-anlaeg}

basically I don't understand why the mambot is designed to use the board name in stead of a board ID?! You have to enter a board name, but what if you later on want to change the board name? Also what if two board names have identically names? That is very likely. What will happend then? Can't I do something to use the boardID in stead of the board name?
www.roland-arranger.com
www.yamaha-arranger.dk

[Unknown]

Are the two softwares using the same encoding?  If they use a different encoding, the name you enter and the board's name will not match.

-[Unknown]

weissefar

QuoteAre the two softwares using the same encoding?

I wouldn't know how to check that?!
www.roland-arranger.com
www.yamaha-arranger.dk

Advertisement: