News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Member permission View Own/Any Topic

Started by mcornetto, May 05, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

The new link is https://github.com/MissAllSunday/PrivateTopic

However as discussed using topics brings a lot of problems and for your use SimpleDesk might suit better.

Kindred

the link above does not work because the author took her mod development to GitHib, which the current SMF customization site does not support...   However, her mod is still available on GitHub.

That being said, I will argue the same as before -- you are treying to twist the forum into being something it is not intended ot be - it sounds like, for your description - that you would benefit more from the SimpleDesk helpdesk mod than from any convoluted application of permissions to mangle your board to do what you are trying...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JoakimC

I'll have a go at the SimpleDesk. Thanks for the quick replies!

JoakimC

Had a look at SimpleDesk. Great mod! Great for help desk purposes, which is exactly what I want, but I want as admin to choose if a certain "Ticket" should be viewable by just the user or by all. Now you can only (if I understand it correctly) set this for the role, and that is for all tickets - not on "Ticket level". I'll make a suggestion for this in the SimpleDesk forum. Again - thanks for your help!

Arantor

I can tell you now that will not happen at ticket level. It would require a redesign of SimpleDesk at the deepest level. I know this because I wrote almost all of SimpleDesk ;)

Arantor

Ultimately this is not a feature that will not be implemented in SMF 2.1, and unlikely to ever be in SMF.

Advertisement: