After conversion post counts remain at 0

Started by mark1million, May 06, 2013, 05:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark1million

Hi everyone, firstly i have to say a BIG thank you, finally i have been able to get away from IPB and successfully convert from 3.1 to SMF.

I have tried having a search here but cant seem to find anything (ok i gave up after page 10), after converting the post counts for the members are at 0 which isnt a big problem but i though they would increase as posts started being put on but they are not, they seem to be stuck at 0.

Has anyone come across this before and if so what was the resolution please.

Sorry again if this has already been addressed and big thanks for the conversion script. :)

Mark.

Antes

You can recount stats via Admin Panel > Maintenance > Forum Maintenance >

mark1million

Thanks Antes, I have tried this already, i have looked in the database and all the post counts are at 0 so i edited my count to see if it would report it and it does, i posted again to see if it then increased the post count but again nothing so im at a bit of a loss.

Kays

Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

There is a mod which will do that for you. And a bit more.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3309

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

mark1million

Quote from: Kays on May 06, 2013, 08:12:23 AM
Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

There is a mod which will do that for you. And a bit more.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3309

Thanks for this, I have just tried and unfortunately still the same result users posts are still at 0.

Maybe something went wrong in the conversion script but im trying to identify what and where.

mark1million

Maybe this will go some way in explaining whats happening, as you can see its seeing the posts in the other information but saying there are no posts to speak of.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you.

Kays

Hmm, go into the settings for a popular board verify that "Count Posts" is checked.

Only thing I can think of for now.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

mark1million

Quote from: Kays on May 06, 2013, 04:07:23 PM
Hmm, go into the settings for a popular board verify that "Count Posts" is checked.

Only thing I can think of for now.

Fantastic, Thank you very much, the count posts was not enabled.

I have gone though now and rechecked the forums and ran the admin maintenance and all populated.

Thank you very much.

Mark.

Kays

Cool, It's amazing how the little things can mess you up big time. :)

My Mods

Advertisement: