Increasing the Number of new posts for Moderation

Started by punchy, May 18, 2013, 04:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

punchy

Hi all,

The only part of my forum which i have under moderation is my RSS feeds which do not always come up with the right content, so i get to moderate them before posting them live on the boards, some days i could have 200+ new feeds which i need to check.

The problem is i can only load 10 at a time when i go to view them, this is a bit time consuming checking and approving every 10, is there a way to increase that 10 to say 20 or 25, that way i could flick through them all and upload 25 at a time, will definitely save me a lot of time loading 10 up at a time  :o

Thanks in advance

Hope you can help  ;)

Gerry

Kays

If it's the number of RSS feeds displayed that you wish to increase, maybe this mod will help.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2162

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

punchy

Quote from: Kays on May 18, 2013, 09:36:27 AM
If it's the number of RSS feeds displayed that you wish to increase, maybe this mod will help.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2162

No its not that, its the amount of moderated post shown in the Moderation area, It displays only 10 to show, i want it to display more otherwise it justs approves 10 at a time. and thats what takes time. I want to be able to approve 20 or 25 at a time

Chalky

I wonder if changing the number of messages to display per page in your own profile > Look and Layout is what you're looking for.  It may be a case of adjusting it before you start moderating then changing it back again afterwards.

punchy

Hi ChalkCat,

Its not that i've looked in the Look and Layout and thats just for the normal forum boards, and not the moderated post, I have a feeling it may have to be a template edit somewhere but i don't known, next time my RSS feeds load i'll do a screen shot and add it here, i don't normally get a load at the weekends but mondays to fridays i get anything from 200 feeds a day, the issue is i can only approve 10 at a time,which takes ages, If i can check say 25 or more then that would speed things up a bit  ???

punchy

Heres a quick picture highlighting my problem.

if i go to the Unapproved Posts, in the Mod CP, then i can only view 10 at a time, i need to increase this

Chen Zhen

punchy,

This has to do with how you set up your post rated membergroups and is directly related to how many posts your second rated group is set to.

ie. If you have the first two membergroups seeded as Newbie and Jr. Member you would need to edit the Jr. Member membergroup and change the Required Posts setting to 25.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

punchy

But newbies and members are not able to moderate post.

What i need to do is to increase the Moderated post viewable by Admins Earlier i had over 2000 posted needed to be moderated and approved with over 200 pages, its silly that all you van view is 10 at a time.

To recap i do not want to increase the general forum amount of posts, but the back end Moderation part where admins Moderate and approve each post before they go live

NanoSector

In Sources/PostModeration.php, find this line:

$context['page_index'] = constructPageIndex($scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=' . $context['current_view'] . (isset($_REQUEST['brd']) ? ';brd=' . (int) $_REQUEST['brd'] : ''), $_GET['start'], $context['current_view'] == 'topics' ? $context['total_unapproved_topics'] : $context['total_unapproved_posts'], 10);

At the end of this line you will see the number 10, change it to how many items you want per page.

* Yoshi fires off a commit to change this in 2.1
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

punchy

Quote from: Yoshi on June 02, 2013, 09:37:14 AM
In Sources/PostModeration.php, find this line:

$context['page_index'] = constructPageIndex($scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=' . $context['current_view'] . (isset($_REQUEST['brd']) ? ';brd=' . (int) $_REQUEST['brd'] : ''), $_GET['start'], $context['current_view'] == 'topics' ? $context['total_unapproved_topics'] : $context['total_unapproved_posts'], 10);

At the end of this line you will see the number 10, change it to how many items you want per page.

* Yoshi fires off a commit to change this in 2.1

Thank you so Much This is just what i've been looking for, will try it asap and report back  ;D ;)

punchy

I've tried that and changed it to 50

$context['page_index'] = constructPageIndex($scripturl . '?action=moderate;area=postmod;sa=' . $context['current_view'] . (isset($_REQUEST['brd']) ? ';brd=' . (int) $_REQUEST['brd'] : ''), $_GET['start'], $context['current_view'] == 'topics' ? $context['total_unapproved_topics']  : $context['total_unapproved_posts'], 50);

But still the same.

Mind you its the Topics that i need to do not so much the post? Is there a way to increase the amount of Unmoderated Topics  instead of the usual 10 ?

punchy

OK I've done it  :)

Find This piece of code in the In Sources/PostModeration.php,

// Get all unapproved posts.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT m.id_msg, m.id_topic, m.id_board, m.subject, m.body, m.id_member,
IFNULL(mem.real_name, m.poster_name) AS poster_name, m.poster_time, m.smileys_enabled,
t.id_member_started, t.id_first_msg, b.name AS board_name, c.id_cat, c.name AS cat_name
FROM {db_prefix}messages AS m
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}topics AS t ON (t.id_topic = m.id_topic)
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.id_board = m.id_board)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = m.id_member)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}categories AS c ON (c.id_cat = b.id_cat)
WHERE m.approved = {int:not_approved}
AND t.id_first_msg ' . ($context['current_view'] == 'topics' ? '=' : '!=') . ' m.id_msg
AND {query_see_board}
' . $approve_query . '
LIMIT ' . $context['start'] . ', 10',

The last Line where it says

LIMIT ' . $context['start'] . ', 10',

Change it for whatever number you want to be able to view on the page at any one time, I've change mine to 50, which cuts but on the amount of approval refreshes if your like me with a lot of topics to approve.

Thanks so much to Yoshi, for pointing me in the right direction  ;)

NanoSector

Thanks, needed that for a fix in 2.1 :)

emanuele pointed me to it but had no time yet to fiddle with it.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

punchy

Just Thought i'd mention ....

if you adjust the amount to view as per my post where i changed it to 50, You will also need to adjust the Code in Yoshi's post also to 50.

Reason being otherwise the the page totals will be miles out. if you change both parts of the code then they will be in sync with each other.

Just thought i'd let you know 

Gerry  ;)

SwiftWS

how to increase the posts number on moderation page

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

There's even a "Click here to view them all" link there...

Advertisement: