Error: Double Table Row on upgrade to SMF 1.1.

Started by URPG, September 22, 2005, 04:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

URPG

Hi!

(once used phpBB2)
(converted database to SMF 1.0.5.)
I ran the php file to "fix the safe mode problem, found here in forum" bit it did not solve anything, still could not use package manager.
SMF 1.0.5. ran smooth for some time.
I had a running 1.0.5. SMF, did a backup.
Then i uploaded all the SMF 1.1. files (the new release) via FTP.
I ran upgrade.php

Now the following error occurs:

Upgrading...
Creating new tables and inserting default data...
Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE smf_permissions
    ADD addDeny tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1';

Caused the error:

Doppelter Spaltenname vorhanden: 'addDeny'

(Double Row name existing: 'addDeny')

How can i fix this? What is the problem? If i hit Retry it just get's outputed again...

Help!  :'( it's not working / still in maintenance mode...

Oldiesmann

Ah... The old "duplicate column 'column'" error :)

Try running this query in phpMyAdmin:

ALTER TABLE smf_permissions DROP COLUMN addDeny
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

URPG

Sorry, but how do i run it? The forum is currently in maintenance mode, i cannot log into admin panel...

Oldiesmann

phpMyAdmin should be accessible via your website control panel. See What is phpMyAdmin? for more details.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

URPG

Found it, my Provider has it installed in his web interface :)

But i cannot simply put this code (to tell it to remove a row i guess) into the query field...

I have chosen smf_permissions
it has addDeny under Fields
i checked the box to Del it

I am not sure if that did it, i still get "addDeny" listed after it.

I can list it, it's around 30 lines of "1"

EDIT:
Ok, got it deleted now :)
so how do i change back to normal mode (it's in maintenance mode now) and do i have to run upgrade.php again?

[Unknown]

Do you have a backup?

I'm sorry, but you did not want to delete that column.  It may still be okay if you didn't have a backup, unless you used any DENY permissions (which will now be changed to allow.)  If you're sure they were all 1s, it's not a problem.

Instead, please use the attached upgrade.php.

-[Unknown]

URPG

I did a backup some days ago and another one just before i ran the upgrade.php :) i leanerd so much already about computers... i just downloaded the whole forum directory and the sql database again, then deleted the forum part. uploading 1.1. install version, then going to apply the backup...

Did nobody besides me encounter this error upgrading from 1.0.5.?

[Unknown]

I'm afraid it only happened when you're using a version of MySQL compiled/configured to output error messages in a language other than English.

-[Unknown]

URPG

Ok. installed the new full version SMF 1.1 RC1
Uploaded the old database backup in phpMyAdmin successfuly

Now i get a "unknown table field: a.attachmentType in fliedl list" error... has there something changed in the database structure updating to 1.1. ? do i need to convert the backup first?

Or shall i start again from scratch, installing 1.0.5. then import database, then update to 1.1. and... ?

[Unknown]

I'm not sure I understand.  Did you ever use the upgrade.php I posted?

-[Unknown]

URPG

I did not see any attatched files in your post?!?

I decided to just dump all this patching and repairing, since i did a backup seconds before running the first upgrade attemp...

So i deleted the forum, wiped the database. Then i installed the 1.1. RC1 version (full install, not upgrade) and gave it all the data again. After that i uploaded the old database i had in phpMyAdmin (i am getting used on how to use this one, finally).

Now i get an error message about a unknown table field when i visit the forum...

Sorry to cause so much work, but it did look like a good idea to me  :o

[Unknown]

Sorry.

You have a 1.0.5 database.  Whatever version the files you upload are, this will not change.  Your database is old, and will not work with 1.1 RC1.

Provided is an upgrader, which you had problems with.  So, I attached a new upgrade.php file which should solve the problem.  This file, and all the files in the upgrade zip file, needs to be uploaded and ran.  If this is not done, your forum will not work.

The other option would be to stay at 1.0.5.  However, mixing new files and an old database isn't the solution.  You either need old files, and the old database which you have... or new files, and an upgraded database with upgrade.php.

-[Unknown]

URPG

I was upgrading to 1.1 because it was said to improve the safemode issue... i could not install any packages and mods...

Ok. going to wipe it again, upload 1.0.5. then restore the database, then upload the upgrade files, then overwrite upgrade.php with your version (now i see a file, thanks) then run it... be back in a week or two ;)

EDIT:
Ok, 1.0.5. is up again, backup installed and looking good. next step :)

EDIT2:
Yay! it worked :) thanks a lot for your patience...

EDIT3:
Now i do not get some cryptic error message but "packet can not be sintalled because some files...."

But this topic is resolved then, going to ask about new package manager / safemode in another topic

Tanks again!

Advertisement: