"You already submitted this post!" - quick reply problem?

Started by madfiddler, September 22, 2005, 05:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cotdagoo

It seems that this error is occuring for users on my forum that browse with IE. Once they install FF the problem seems to stop. I personally only use FF - and have never gotten the error myself.

Anyone figure this one out yet?

Sheepy

I almost only user FireFox, and I get the error message mostly when I open and reply to lots of topics.  So it's unlikely to be browser-specific.

nokonium

My board is still 1.0.5 and I have a user complaining about this and has been for a while. He has changed browsers to no effect. We do not have any themes customised outside of the Indextemplate and style.css, so all themes use the other default templates.

Vramin

I've noticed this when I post a quick reply and then immediately post another quick reply in the same thread. The forum keeps an index of the posts in a thread and apparently that isn't updated after a quick reply. Are you guys seeing it when you go from one thread to another?

It seems to be in vogue to have quick replies updated in Javascript rather than actually pulling the page down again... this is how the index doesn't get updated.

cruisinflatout

Wow...the response from the powers that be about fixing this issue is overwhelming!!

Sandwich

Yeah, it'd be nice at least to hear that they are aware of the problem...

rosey

Yep my users are having this problem too!  Could anyone in authority PLEASE look into this??  I don't know what to tell people.

Grudge

Well, there are several things that can be at play here. If this is exclusive to quick reply it's almost certainly a theme problem. You need to check your Display.template.php file and ensure this line occurs:

<input type="hidden" name="seqnum" value="', $context['form_sequence_number'], '" />

Secondly, it could be a browser issue, may be worth checking your users don't have anything odd that they use.

Thirdly, if you can't solve the problem you can just bypass the error in the mean time. In Security.php simply remove this:

if ($is_fatal)
fatal_lang_error('error_form_already_submitted', false);
else
return false;

Bear in mind this is terribly difficult to debug. I'm sorry you haven't had a response earlier but I've been very busy as of late. I may recommend we rename the description for this board as I personally don't check Coding Discussion very much, we may be better off recommending bug reports are filed elsewhere.
I'm only a half geek really...

jerm

Quote from: Grudge on December 11, 2005, 04:58:36 PM

Thirdly, if you can't solve the problem you can just bypass the error in the mean time. In Security.php simply remove this:

if ($is_fatal)
else
return false;

i did this to my boards a few months back and it works perfect.. for all those looking for a fix, this is your best bet (i've been where you are)
although i changed mine to

if ($is_fatal)
reutrn false;
else
return false;

instead

Sandwich

Could this be caused by opening multiple tabs (or windows, for you poor IE-enslaved folk) simultaneously, replying in one, and then trying to reply in another (which has the same "seqnum" value)?

cruisinflatout

Quote from: electrohome88 on December 12, 2005, 01:24:14 AM
Quote from: Grudge on December 11, 2005, 04:58:36 PM

if ($is_fatal)
else
return false;

i did this to my boards a few months back and it works perfect.. for all those looking for a fix, this is your best bet (i've been where you are)
although i changed mine to

if ($is_fatal)
reutrn false;
else
return false;

instead

I did this a couple weeks ago and it seems to have solved the problem...thanks alot!

xenovanis

Quote from: Sandwich on December 14, 2005, 11:41:38 AM
Could this be caused by opening multiple tabs (or windows, for you poor IE-enslaved folk) simultaneously, replying in one, and then trying to reply in another (which has the same "seqnum" value)?

Yes.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

nokonium

I'm now getting this problem with my test of RC2 and so are some of the members who are beta testing it.

I use Opera 8.51, I do not use quick reply and I have got them when I make a post several minutes after my previous post. Yes it is a modified theme and it is based on the Babylon theme but all modified templates are from RC2.

Is the above code hack OK to use with RC2?

adamspt2

Where is Security.php? I can't seem to find one either in the default folder or my theme's folder?

cruisinflatout

Quote from: adamspt2 on February 08, 2006, 09:13:21 AM
Where is Security.php? I can't seem to find one either in the default folder or my theme's folder?

/sources

scottjess

no i am running RC2 and had applied the fix, when ever someone comes to my forum from a banner on another website they get session verification error.
Also my portal has stopped working from the same session verifycation error.

Please can someone make an actual fix for this because it is driving my members insane.

I get the You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. message when posting on quick reply, normal reply, PMs... please fix this, i love SMF but there are other forum softwares that are free or at least cheap that work.

Goosemoose

I'm getting this error as well from quite a few users using RC2 cvs from about a week ago.

scottjess

is this problem going to be fixed in the next version? i hope so.

nokonium

I am having members complain about this error again.

In the interim we have upgraded to 1.1 RC2, re-downloading 1.1 RC2, immediately before installing. By upgrade I mean that we used a slightly different route than directly from 1.0.6 to 1.1 RC2. We installed a pristine 1.0.6, upgraded the d/b and installed it into a pristine 1.1 RC2. The default theme is untouched, apart from by Mods and all themes are colour variations of default, therefore the Display.template in use is the default one.

madfiddler

Yes indeed - since I installed mkportal, my default theme is almost completely untouched... Not quite in that I've got ride of the member section from the top as that's replicated in myportal. My display.template is deffo the original one.

I believe the fault was sorted out pre rc2 but it's come back again.

Advertisement: