News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Joomla! bridge with SMF 1.1 RC1

Started by marlyred, September 22, 2005, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marlyred

Has anyone tested to see if it works yet?

marlyred

OK, I went ahead and upgraded anyway as it is only a test site at the moment.  Now I cannot log in to the forum while it is wrapped.  I get the error ' Unable to load the 'main' template'.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem and did you find a fix?

Thanks

robbievk

had the same problem, and i downgraded to beta3... haven't found a fix yet...

Kindred

I have joomla 1.0 working with the CVS of RC1 from last week...   I have not yet upgraded to the released version of RC1 (too many sites to manage, not enough time for testing! :( )
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rpmilius

I just tried it on a test site and am getting the same error message.

after logging in, I am still shown as "Guest" in both Mambo and SMF, and SMF comes up with a "Unable to load 'main' template" message.

I went through each of the four steps in order.

SMF 1.1RC1 works fine in stand alone.

I'm using
SMF 1.1 RC1 (upgraded from 1.0.5 after removing old bridge)
Oxygen theme
Mambo 4.5.2.3 Stable
MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3.zip (using wrapped mode)
Community Builder 1.0 RC1
Gallery 2.0 RC2
com_gallery2 2.0.6

Server:
PHP 4.3.10
MySQL 3.23.58
Apache 2.0.54
Linux 2.4.22

-bob

-edit-
just an added observation point... if I log in SMF in stand alone in a separate window, I show up in the mambo window with the smf login module as being logged in and smf works there wrapped, BUT my mambo usermenu doesn't show up which suggests to me that but that mambo really doesn't know I've logged in.

also, the problem happens in unwrapped as well as wrapped mode

Orstio

Does the theme issue go away if you use the default theme?

rwbplano

I'm also getting this error on a fresh install of Joomla 1.0.1 and SMF 1.1RC1 with default themes. If I login to SMF standalone Joomla will recognize me as logged in. When attempting to logout from Joomla I'm directed to 'cannot load main template' message.

Orstio

In your SMF admin pnael, "Current Theme", what is in the textbox for this: 

This theme's directory:

As a note, I find this rather odd, because I upgraded yesterday without this error:

http://www.everything-science.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=82

marlyred

I have the following in mine...C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\joomla\forum/Themes/default.   

I don't think this is correct, the slashes are going the wrong way after forum. 

Anyway I changed them but the problem still exists.

wengen

I'm experiencing the same kind of problems. I just installed a fresh copy of

mambo 4.5.2
SMF 1.1 RC1
MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3

I've put it out on my testsite hxxp:www.arcgiraff.no/arcgiraff/~ansatte/wengen [nonactive] for everyone to see the result. I have added the user test (pw test)

Any suggestions for fixes is more than welcomed.

Orstio

Quote from: wengen on September 23, 2005, 06:29:20 AM
I'm experiencing the same kind of problems. I just installed a fresh copy of

mambo 4.5.2
SMF 1.1 RC1
MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3

I've put it out on my testsite http://www.arcgiraff.no/arcgiraff/~ansatte/wengen for everyone to see the result. I have added the user test (pw test)

Any suggestions for fixes is more than welcomed.

Where are you experinecing this?  I went here:

http://www.arcgiraff.no/arcgiraff/~ansatte/wengen/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&board=3.0

and everything appears fine....

[EDIT] Confirmed working in both IE and Firefox...

wengen

Have you tried loggin in as test/test?
I am not able to log in, and in the forum it says "An error has occured! - unable to load the "main" template."

Are you not having the same problems?

Orstio

So this error occurs only upon the event of logging in?

wengen

That's right - or actually in the event of not beeing able to log in :)

kai920

Quote from: wengen on September 23, 2005, 06:42:18 AM
Have you tried loggin in as test/test?
I am not able to log in, and in the forum it says "An error has occured! - unable to load the "main" template."

Are you not having the same problems?

I get "unable to load the main template" here as well.

test/test does not seem to "login"

kai920

wengen, if I go to your main forum location /forum, using test/test is telling me that the password is incorrect?

wengen

I have entered the password "test" again in the userconfiguration to be sure. Still no change on my mambopage for me.

kai920

OK,  test/test works now from /forum...

but you're right in the main mambo page, still not working.  It's similar behavior as my Joomla/wrapped SMF 1.1RC1 install...

TriGrrrl

Just to report that I've installed SMF 1.1 RC1 and got the same problem I had when I upgraded to SMF 1.1 Beta 4...

"Unable to load main"

It was the same problem as before, where Source/MOS_SMF.php had 0 bytes.  When I copied this file back up manually, everything worked smoothly again.

That behavior was rumored to be a SMF bug with file uploads.  If this is the case, it still exists in 1.1 RC1.

TG

PS - Here's the topic where we hashed this out before with SMF 1.1 Beta 4:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=47377.0

marlyred

If it's any help, here is an error from the log..

2: call_user_func(MOS_Logout): First argument is expected to be a valid callback
File: C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\joomla\forum\index.php
Line: 131

and on line 131 of index.php I have this code:

call_user_func(smf_main());

Advertisement: