News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla! bridge with SMF 1.1 RC1

Started by marlyred, September 22, 2005, 06:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadness

Quote from: Radianation on September 27, 2005, 05:06:09 PM
I upgraded to Joomla and 1.1r1 without any other trouble. Took about 15 minutes.
You give me hope.  Here I go.....

NoRad

BTW - Anybody upgrading from Mambo to Joomla! - I made backups of the entire database and my web folder first, but then I just  copied the Joomla files over the Mambo files and ran the sql script. It worked. No other changes were necessary on that aspect.

chadness

Thanks, Radianation, that worked pretty well for me as well, with the addition of a few custom file changes on my end.

masyomo

we've just transferred over to use joomla and smf 1.1 and everything seems to be working fine in internet explorer and firefox (although a bit slow sometimes) - but log ins etc. all work.

Using safari however is a nightmare - it crashes loads, sometimes it shows all the images as broken and displays a copyright error. 2 days ago our hosts suspended the site for sql abuse and when they finally let us back on I checked the error log and found...............28,000 pages of errors!!!! Twenty Eight Thousand!!

Today did fresh installs and safari worked fine for a couple of hours and then crashed again. Checked the error log and just 3 crashes caused nearly 4,000 pages of errors!!

I don't mind using firefox instead but we're worried somebody else using the site with safari might cause us  to get suspended again. I'm assuming that its a bridging problem that will get sorted when a newer version of the bridge is done but if anyone has any suggestions we'd be very grateful.

PS - errors were various things to do with includes/subs.php

site is www.yomo.co.uk

chadness

Have you checked to see if those errors are showing up only when Safari is viewing the site?  Or, maybe it's two different problems?

Just a thought.  I haven't gotten to the point yet of testing my test site with Safari.

NoRad

Test my site with Safari if you need to. www.louipimps.com

I've noticed that everything loads a little faster with Joomla!

masyomo

your site looks fine in safari - loads up quick etc. and no problems/crashes.

I think the problem with our site might be cookie related. It worked fine for quite a while and then got to a point where every time I clicked on the forum link it would crash straight away. Have just deleted the smf cookie and now its working ok again.

I've changed the name of the smf cookie in server settings but if anyone knows anything about cookie settings and any other places I should make changes please let me know (or if I'm completely wrong & its nothing to do with them!!).

Sorry if I'm now in the wrong post though?! But as said before everything else with the bridge seems fine - oh yeah except for one small error which is to do with the ext_calendar - if you have it on pop up events when you go to edit/delete an event it fails to load the page. You can get round this though by not having the event pop up - if you keep it in the main page it loads fine.

masyomo

could just be our site but theres a definite problem with safari and the bridge. It does seem cookie related as it only happens after a certain amount of time and then if you clear them you can view the site ok.

Just had our site suspended for the second time though (thousands of page errors again!) although the host is rubbish - didn't give us any notice and then were down for the whole day on Monday - all this during their 30 day trial period!! Thankfully have got everything backed up another host though so I'm going to remove the bridge and just have the forum stand alone which isn't the end of the world as we haven't got any restrictions on other parts of the site at the moment anyway - so will just wait for the new bridge!!

Waffling on now - PS I don't advise Acenet Inc for hosting!

NoRad

I wonder if this has anything to do with the users being shown as logged into Joomla/Mambo several times because of the way it handles sessions or something?

masyomo

well I've just about no knowledge at all of this stuff - I just cobble together everyone elses work and hope it functions! but I do remember seeing that the sessions table in phpmyadmin being really big the first time it happened.

Also in Joomla I was getting people that were on aol shown as logged in over 100 times - I remember having to do something about this with Mambo (but can't remember the solution).

Hope it all helps with those that do know what they're doing (so I can cobble together their work in the future!)

NoRad

Lextof

OK, just didn't want to post my problem because of all the possible solutions in the previous posts, but after a first time installation and one day of struggling into codes I surrender.

This is my story:  :D  :)  :o  :-\  :(  >:(  :-[  :'(
In words:
Did a fresh installation of SMF with the latest files into Mambo 4.5.2.. Everything went well and I was able to use the wrapped version into my site (which is on a locale server so I am unable to give a reachable address). I also copied the MOS_SMF.php again because the original MOS_SMF.php was 0 KB.

The error of not finding the main template resolved, but now after login in I get nada, nothing. The page is completely blank, although the url (localaddress/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=87&action=mambo_login) is still there.

Can someone make my day again?

Greetings Lextof

chadness

Is SMF set up to allow guest access?  Is your forum link in your main menu accessible to the public?
Check in your Mambo administration if Gzip compression is turned off
Check in your Mambo administration wheter your absolute path is set correct.
Check in your Mambo administration if your menulink is added correctly and is pointing to the right component.

marlyred

Is the joomla-smf bridge ready yet? :P

Lextof

Thanks Chadness,

I've checked everything and all settings where ok with me, so no changes were made with me which mean no working login session yet.

I tried to login with the administration id and password. I even registered a new user which all went ok, but after login in the blank screen keeps comming.

Some other suggestions?

Greetings Lextof

Lextof

Some extra information regarding my problem.

After refreshing the page several times my website returns and in the forum an error is shown. Translated from Dutch it says:

Title: An error occurred!
Text: You will have to wait 5 seconds in order to login again, sorry.

The strange thing is that the login procedure was successful because I'm no longer a guest anymore.

NoRad

Lextof

Cleared, and unfortunately no effect.

Lextof

Did now, but same error/problems. Even installed the template!

I will try to install the forum into the site where it should work; it's now on a local server. Maybe it will work there properly.

Advertisement: