isntall.php is just blank...

Started by westis, September 22, 2005, 08:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westis

Hi,

I've downloaded the 1.1 RC1 version and ftp'd to a folder on my site. But when I try to access install.php the page is just blank... I use B-One for hosting, not sure what php version they are using, but it should definitely be a recent enough version for SMF... What may I ahve done wrong?

dtm.exe

xenovanis

Maybe all files weren't uploaded (properly)? Try to upload all files again.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

westis

I tried uploading the files again and it didn't work. I then uploaded everything to another folder instead and now it works! Thanks!

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

deurbroucq

I am having the same problem.  install.php is blank ... and nothing happens.  I have set the proper PHP directives and MySQL is running.  Any ideas what it could be?

I run FreeBSD.  I installed PHP 5 from the /ports directory with make/make install.  The <?phpinfo()?> command works fine when I put it in a .php file and load it in my browser.

I'm shutting down services on my server for some maintenance, but here is a copy of the info file:

hxxp:www.geocities.com/deurbroucq/phpinfo.html [nonactive]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
deurbroucq

vizion

For a phpinfo from a working Freebsd 5.3 system I have put up one on http://www.forumkatrina.org/test.php

You will see you are smissing some essential tools

david

Advertisement: