News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Chat Module For 123 Flash Chat Server Software

Started by vertese, June 18, 2013, 08:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vertese

We are a private SMF forum 1.1.18 with Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM
On trying to install the 123 Flash we get this message
On installation through the admin smf package installer it just says ' encountered an error'
We would be very glad of some help please.

mashby

You should really ask/look in the support topic for that mod.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

vertese

I looked but it told me to start a new topic.
could you please direct me where you want me to post this and thanks for replying

flashflashchat

Hello,

There may be some things did not reach the installation requirements or download problem.

Please view here to check whether your server meet the requirements.(123 flashchat homepage> DOCS> Manual>server requitement)

Then please download our product by here:
(123 flashchat homepage> download)

Then choose the corresponding version.

Install the program your download and follow this:
(123 flashchat homepage> DOCS> Manual)

If you still have this error, could you please provide your server information(hardware&software) and screenshot? Then we will check it for you.

123 FlashChat

vertese

thank you flashchat for replying,
you actually installed it for us.
I have posted on your forum, explaining what our problem is, that the text needs to be made a little bigger, because many of our members are older and some have poor eyesight.
Your reply was that it would cost us more money to do the adaption.
We are a really small charity made up of family carers in the UK, and we havent got any more money to spare.

flashflashchat

Hello,

Are you referring to the text message sizes?   or the sizes for the bot message?  Greeting message correct?

The size should be able to be adjusted for the chat in the lobby, the same goes to the bot message; I think the only one that cannot be modified in size will be the greeting message, which will request customization

And actually you can set the bot message in place of the greeting message it will make the same effect.

Hope this is not too late anyways...

vertese

many thanks for replying
these are what the words that we wish could be made bigger
Connecting
Loading skin
Tip here - test enter private chat, etc
entering room
then when in the chatroom, the names of the other people in the room, which is shown on the right.

We have made the font bigger when they chat but we are unable to make any of the wording mentioned above bigger.
thank you

lewism

Just a heads up for everyone here, be VERY careful investing anything into 123flashchat by TOPCMM and ANY of it's products.
You WILL find yourself in a very bad place very quickly.

I purchased their package for $1300.00 and ended up losing every dime thanks to endless problems with the software and the worst support I have EVER experienced. Don't take my word for it, do some serious looking around, but ask a lot of questions and you'll see that it is not worth the money.

While the software itself is very pretty and has lots and lots of interesting features, it barely works on RED5 which they claim otherwise. You have to keep the video so tiny that it's not worth it to users. You'll have to buy at least Wowza or take them up on their hosting services.

No matter if you host it yourself or have them host it, you'll soon find out that you've wasted countless amounts of money and time as your users keep leaving your site because you will have such a hard time getting help from them once you've paid them.

If you want into, I'll be happy to share everything with you. I've kept all of my emails, chats and other logs of my dealings with them as I always do.

No, this is not a slam against TOPCMM, it is a warning to the community that you will get ripped off.

Of course, if I can't talk you out of them, I do have a 100 user Ultimate version and the $300.00 A/V module which I would sell at a reasonable price. It is only one version old, 9.8.

flashflashchat

Quote from: vertese on August 31, 2013, 09:25:00 AM
many thanks for replying
these are what the words that we wish could be made bigger
Connecting
Loading skin
Tip here - test enter private chat, etc
entering room
then when in the chatroom, the names of the other people in the room, which is shown on the right.

We have made the font bigger when they chat but we are unable to make any of the wording mentioned above bigger.
thank you

Hi

What is your current chat width and length? and how much bigger do you need them to be?

vertese

I have no idea, the size of the font on SMF would be great.
thank you for replying.

vertese

the size of the font at the moment is 8 or even less
it would be helpful if it could be made to 12
thank you

Advertisement: