News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

No Irish Board

Started by Nicholaus, June 20, 2013, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholaus

In the international section there is no irish board. I'm irish myself. Irish is the language I grew up with. I'd like to see an irish support board. Irish and English are my main languages. Kindly, put up, I support.

Thanks.

TheListener

The vast majority of Irish users also speak English.

Indeed one of our support team is himself Irish.

Chalky

Then we'd have to have a Scots board too.  'Nuff said  :P

Nicholaus

When the irish board is put up, I certainly like to help the people in irish who needs it.

TheListener

Quote from: Nicholaus on June 20, 2013, 02:04:11 PM
When the irish board is put up, I certainly like to help the people in irish who needs it.

As we have already stated this will be highly unlikely.

ziycon

Hi Nicholaus, good to see another Irish person around these parts. As has been stated, there is little chance for an Irish board as there would be very little activity as 99.9% of Irish speakers also speak English.

If your willing to help and commit some time here and there maybe you would be interested in making an Irish language pack for SMF, it just involves translating the strings from English to Irish.

Robert.

Hi Nicholaus, welcome to SMF! :) I understand what you mean, however, before we can create an Irish board, there should at least be an Irish language pack and at least a few Irish-speaking users. In order to become a translator, please take a look at this topic:
SMF is searching for translators!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Nicholaus

Advertisement: