News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Soundcloud BBcode

Started by Blipsqueak, February 09, 2012, 12:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blipsqueak

I should be able to apply a patch that would strip out html. I'll look into that and the auto-embedding.  Glad you got it sorted out!

ceemonkey

Great mod, works well on standard browsers. Is there a way to make it work so that it embeds HTML5 instead of Flash? It doesn't show in most mobile browsers.

Blipsqueak

Awesome idea.  I'll take a look eventually.

HRM

Hello Greg Brendel,

Please let me spend some time to say thank you very much for this great Mod.
I was just looking for something like this
Thanks for sharing.

+

- I just installled it with the package manager on SMF 2.0.6 + SimplePortal 2.3.5 and it works like a charm!

Sample can be found here (The tracks are from a friend of mine by the way).

Only extra feature that would be nice is that it would put automatically the soundcloud tags to soundcloud urls... :)

thank anyway for this great work.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

vkot

I would like too to see a solution for automatic embedding, live Aeva mod does for mp3, youtube, etc.

Why have a manual BBC tag when what will be inserted there is only soundcloud url? Just recognize the url in the post automatically and replace with the embed code.
For specialized SMF installation/customization, Web Development, Linux Server Administration, click here.
Για εξειδικευμένες υπηρεσίες στα παραπάνω, πατήστε εδώ.

romanos8

Installed in 2.0.10 work good the first day but now the player wont to play the sound.

Any help here?

rebus

From a couple of weeks Soundcloud allows only HTML5 embeds, so this MOD does not work anymore. Any way to change it in order to use HTML5? Thanks

Dumke

Looks to be only a subs change.
Hopefully he'll update this soon :D

Blipsqueak

Updated the plugin to the HTML5 version. Uninstall the old version first.

rebus

Great! Now it's working again, thanks a lot

natcip

Thanks for this awesome mod! :)

HRM

Quote from: Greg Brendel on December 01, 2015, 10:59:05 AM
Updated the plugin to the HTML5 version. Uninstall the old version first.

Thanks dude, but new version wont install :( it returns to login screen, where;s the support topic?
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

HRM

*Correction* Installed it manually, now its working. Thanks.

bahgheera

ILUXA

Please update! It seems that it got an issue with 2.0.13,
it deleted few lines at the bottom from ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php after installation.
It is a "must have" mod and it is an only one soundcloud embedder for SMF!
Thank you!

ILUXA

it seems that I had some problems with that file (Modifications.english.php),
so that error is not related to soundcloud mod.

but I found another problem,
if you post some smiles after inserting soundcloud track/mix, smiles do not work (but bb code works fine).
but of course it is not critical.

lurkalot

Quote from: ILUXA on February 04, 2017, 11:17:31 AM
it seems that I had some problems with that file (Modifications.english.php),
so that error is not related to soundcloud mod.

but I found another problem,
if you post some smiles after inserting soundcloud track/mix, smiles do not work (but bb code works fine).
but of course it is not critical.

Hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it.  Same thing happening on my site, using 1.7  ;)

Advertisement: