News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Like Posts

Started by vbgamer45, June 29, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kejesdi

As I wrote, my forum is based on the standard encoding (ISO), not utf-8. The script attempts to forcibly change the encoding to utf-8. Can I turn it off?

I found in the: Sources / LikePosts / DB / LikePostsDB.php
'Subject' => (! $ Context [ 'utf8'])? utf8_encode ($ row [ 'subject']): $ row [ 'subject']

I tried to change it like this:
'Subject' => $ row [ 'subject']

However, it does not work, because the script is displayed as "null" all topics that contain at least one special character (the others are displayed correctly).

kejesdi

Dhayzon

:-[ :-[ how to get avatar and name llikes on display.. 
examples

likes . jhon, evanescence, romeo, juliet, and more

show name and avatar

qc

Quote from: Dhayzon on April 25, 2016, 05:27:22 PM
examples

show name and avatar
We are using this mod on our site, too, and showing a few of the users that liked a post - e.g. "You, Jon, Barbara and Dhayzon like this" instead of just "You and x others like this" would be a great enhancement.

Adding the profile image though... I don't know - you would need a smaller version of the profile image first (or have to resize a big image in the client browser which might be bad for the bandwith).

Also, the database tables might not be optimally designed for showing these names right now (just guessing). But still, would be nice to have :)
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

gorbi

Do I understand correctly that the author does not support mode anymore?

Dhayzon

Quote from: Dhayzon on April 25, 2016, 05:27:22 PM
examples

show name and avatar
}

solved
8)

Dhayzon

how to show total  likes on profile

Steve

Quote from: gorbi on May 01, 2016, 02:02:02 AM
Do I understand correctly that the author does not support mode anymore?

He hasn't been here since August 2015 so it's unlikely.

Quote from: Dhayzon on May 06, 2016, 12:04:39 PM
how to show total  likes on profile

The first post here indicates how to do that.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dhayzon

steve
I can not find it

jholla

Could anyone help me figure out how to install this with the Reseller theme? When installing the package, everything checks out OK except for the index.template.php page. I'm not sure what I'd need to add to the file to make it compatible.

Grammy

Quote from: jholla on June 22, 2016, 06:06:02 PM
Could anyone help me figure out how to install this with the Reseller theme? When installing the package, everything checks out OK except for the index.template.php page. I'm not sure what I'd need to add to the file to make it compatible.

First, back up your files (by saving copies from your server onto your computer prior to any editing).

Then, you have to manually edit that template file.  Are you able to find this line in it?

<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

If so, add this after:

if(LikePosts::$LikePostsUtils->showLikeNotification()) {
echo '
<li><span class="showLikeNotification" onclick="lpObj.likePostsNotification.showLikeNotification()">', $txt['like_show_notifications'], '</span></li>';
}

If you see that you'll be able to edit Reseller's index.template.php, then go ahead and install the mod and then upload your edited Reseller index.template.php file.   :)

EDIT:  Actually, on your template file, I think the bit you look for is:

<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['unread_replies'], '</a></li>

jholla

Thanks! Got it all set up.

Grammy

OriginalHomesoil

I have installed this mod and I dont see any errors however I dont know how to activate it in my forum? There is nothing showing up. New to all this, be gentle on me :)

Thanks

Shambles

It's all there in post #1 of this topic.

OriginalHomesoil

Quote from: Shambles on July 27, 2016, 03:18:13 PM
It's all there in post #1 of this topic.

I have been trying to find out how to do this all day. I have gone over those instructions many, many, times.

I am obviously either not understanding or missing something.

Thanks for your help (not)

Grammy

Quote from: OriginalHomesoil on July 27, 2016, 03:13:14 PM
I have installed this mod and I dont see any errors however I dont know how to activate it in my forum? There is nothing showing up. New to all this, be gentle on me :)

Thanks

Hi.   :)
Do you see, in Admin----> Configuration----> Like Posts  ?  It should be beneath Modification Settings.  Is it not showing up for you?   There are permission settings, board settings, etc.,  to set there, as well as the general settings. 

skb

By playing around with the css I have managed to have rounded corners to the Like / Unlike buttons.

The mod adds a "Like stats" button to the Menu. I wonder if a Notification can be added under the button which when clicked will open up a list of the last liked post/s since last login by that member. vB has that feature.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Siirist

Quote from: skb on July 28, 2016, 05:57:02 AM
By playing around with the css I have managed to have rounded corners to the Like / Unlike buttons.

skb,

It is always a nice gesture to include how you were able to accomplish something that you mention in a post.

By doing so your post changes from informative to useful, as I believe there are others beside myself that would like to have rounded corners.

Be Well,
Siirist

Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

skb

Sure,
In the forum/Themes/default/css/LikePosts.css
Find ".like_link" and below the 4 lines of code add border: 1px solid #C44E19;
border-radius: 5px;

And right below that find ".unlike_link" and below those 4 lines of code add border: 1px solid #000;
border-radius: 5px;

I've used the same colors of the Like/Unlike boxes for the border. If you want another color, change the color to what you like.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Advertisement: