News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Converting forum stats

Started by ruicosta, July 05, 2013, 08:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruicosta

Hey guys!

I converted my old phpbb forum to smf and it went smoothly. :) I even managed to query phpbb karma and transfer it into smf karma.

There is one problem, though...most of my stats was converted correctly (threads, users,etc.) except for most online, avg. posts, avg. registrations and board age.
I have all the info in my phpbb database, is there any way to import it into smf?

thanks a lot

kat

Before we do anything drastic, it might be worth going to Admin>Forum maintenance and doing the ol' "Recount all forum totals and statistics" thing. :)

ruicosta

Quote from: K@ on July 05, 2013, 08:25:45 AM

Before we do anything drastic, it might be worth going to Admin>Forum maintenance and doing the ol' "Recount all forum totals and statistics" thing. :)

Already done that...few times :)

kat

Worth a try... ;)

"Repair errors"?

ruicosta

Quote from: K@ on July 05, 2013, 09:45:45 AM
Worth a try... ;)

"Repair errors"?

It didn't help. Below is a screenshot, you can see that topic counts etc. are ok...only most users online, avg. posts and those in the first row are problematic. FYI, most users online on phpbb was 260-ish :)

hxxp:imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/5b0p.jpg/ [nonactive]

edit: I apparently can't post links yet but you can c/p it into browser and replace xx ;)

ruicosta

bump, can anyone help me? my forum has to go live in 3 days :(

kat

Any chance that you can attach that image, here, rather than sticking it on imageshag?

It's more blurred than a blurry thing that's blurred and it won't let me zoom in.

Illori

that lets me zoom into their image just fine ;)

kat

Might be Ghostery, or something, stopping me, from doing that. :P

kat

OK... Now that I can see that, do these stats look right, if you use the SMF default theme, rather than BigRed, by any chance?

ruicosta

Quote from: K@ on July 29, 2013, 07:01:32 AM
OK... Now that I can see that, do these stats look right, if you use the SMF default theme, rather than BigRed, by any chance?

Its the same with every theme. Most of the stats are correct except for the most user online etc.

I guess it can't be repaired?

kat

I'm just rummaging through some old topics, to see if this has cropped-up, in the past... ;)

kat

Can't find anything similar to this, oddly enough.

I wonder...

Being a good admin, I'd assume that you backed-up, before attempting the conversion.

If I was in your position, I think I'd be tempted to backup, now, to save what you have. Then, I'd restore the original backup and retry the original conversion, to see if it does it, properly.

If it doesn't and it's worse than what you have, now, you can restore the last backup (If that makes sense).

I also wonder if this is totally illogical and making a few posts might not bring the stats back up.

Got to lurve the internet aincha? ;)

ruicosta

Quote from: K@ on July 29, 2013, 07:35:12 AM
Can't find anything similar to this, oddly enough.

I wonder...

Being a good admin, I'd assume that you backed-up, before attempting the conversion.

If I was in your position, I think I'd be tempted to backup, now, to save what you have. Then, I'd restore the original backup and retry the original conversion, to see if it does it, properly.

If it doesn't and it's worse than what you have, now, you can restore the last backup (If that makes sense).

I also wonder if this is totally illogical and making a few posts might not bring the stats back up.

Got to lurve the internet aincha? ;)

Looks like I found where is the problem. I didn't do it on live forum yet but only on second server to test it all out. During initial phpbb-phpbb copy we had some missing stats. Logically, it can't be transfered into smf. :)

thanks for your help! my bad :)

kat

Don't worry about it, mate! We all have days, like that.

If truth be known, MOST of my days are... ;)

Advertisement: