News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

After upgrading lost track options

Started by Proenski, September 24, 2005, 05:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proenski

Hi,

After upgrading from SMF 1.0.5 to the 1.1. RC, I have this (small?) problem with both the track user and track IP option. It says:

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'trackIP' template. 

Can anyone help me?
May the force be with you

xenovanis

Are you using a custom theme or does this happen with the smf default theme?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Proenski

Quote from: xenovanis on September 24, 2005, 05:01:42 AM
Are you using a custom theme or does this happen with the smf default theme?

Yes I do, but only the index.template.php and the profile.template.php

Oh and I see the show permissions has the same problem

xenovanis

Can you do a detailed version check in your adminpanel? This error is probably caused by old templatefiles.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Proenski

Yeah, it's in the templates, can this be easily restored so I don't need to do the whole templates again??

It wouldn't be handy if one would need to do that with every single upgrade...  :-\

Current Templates 1.0 1.1 RC1
Profile.template.php 1.0.4 1.1 RC1
index.template.php 1.0 1.1 RC1

xenovanis

Proenski

Thanks I will have a look at this but this is meant for people upgrading from the beta version, I upgraded from 1.0.5...

And I still wonder if these things needed to be done with every single upgrade? I used YabbSE before and it was much easier to upgrade with that board.

Mind you I love SMF and it's features  ;)

xenovanis

Well, for smaller updates you can always use the packagemanager, but I'm afraid that won't work for these version changes.

Proenski

Quote from: xenovanis on September 24, 2005, 05:45:44 AM
Well, for smaller updates you can always use the packagemanager, but I'm afraid that won't work for these version changes.

That is just too bad, I recon everything about SMF should be an improvement to YabbSE, re-doing your themes/ modifications with every single (marjor) upgrade is very user unfriendly.

Especially for people like me, who are not code wizzards. I have to look into the whole thing from start to finish again  :(

Advertisement: