Theme Question - RC1

Started by IamV, September 24, 2005, 07:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamV

When you update to RC1 do you need to totally replace your themes or can you just replace the index.template file & any other files that are present in their folders?

Oldiesmann

You really only need to update the template files. If you're upgrading from 1.0.5, there are a few new images as well...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

torkil

What if I have made changes to the template. For instance I have an RSS-button showing for each forum and I have removed the display of moderators etc. When I update only the default template is updated... Will I have to overwrite my modified template and then redo the changes I made to it?

Check it out at www.kampforum.com

mrandall131

f I was to upgrade, I would be going from 1.1B3 to 1.1RC1.  First, is it worth it, or should I wait until the official release comes along.  Second, do I have to reinstall all the mods that I have now?  Is so, would it be easier to do a fresh install "test forum" and then copy it over to my current forum? Sorry if they are foolish questions.

IamV

You would definitely have to re-install your mods and you should know before doing it that not all mods will work in the new version.  Mind you I found that most weren't needed anymore because so many of the mods I had are now default.

I found it to be worthwhile upgrading & will be upgrading more of my forums & forums I work on.  But that's an individual choice. 

IMO it's a good idea to install it on a test board, take a really good look at it & make your decision after that.

mrandall131

Thanks!  I think I'll do that.

Advertisement: