Spiders counted twice in Most Online Today

Started by Dav999, July 28, 2013, 09:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav999

Today I saw there were a lot of spiders online at the same time on my forum. First there were "16 Guests, 3 Users (16 Spiders)", and 'Most Online Today' said 35 users had been online at the same time, so I assumed there had been a lot of people online earlier today. Less than a minute later, I refreshed the index and saw that another spider came online, because it said "17 Guests, 3 Users (17 Spiders)". But meanwhile the Most Online Today changed to 37! This means that SMF counts 17 guests + 3 users + 17 spiders = 37 total, while the spiders already show up as guests.

I'm running SMF 2.0.4 with search engine tracking enabled and 'Show spiders in the online list' set to 'Show spider names'.

EDIT: Currently, there are 25 Guests, 3 Users (25 Spiders) online and the most online today changed to 53 (and it also broke the record of most online ever). In the forum stats, Users Online gives the correct number (28). Don't ask me why there are 25 spiders on the forum (all are Google). :o The online threshold is set to 15 minutes, but that's a different story.

EDIT 2: 31 spiders and 2 users, most online got bumped to 64! :o

Don Jajo

Just had the same issue now. I have ran refreshing forum statistics and cleared unimportant logs but still facing this issue. Any help on this?

Thanks

emanuele

I'd say: BoardIndex.php
Code (find) Select
trackStatsUsersOnline($context['num_guests'] + $context['num_spiders'] + $context['num_users_online']);
Code (replace with) Select
trackStatsUsersOnline($context['num_guests'] + $context['num_users_online']);

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: