Is this worth doing ?

Started by far2slow, August 03, 2013, 05:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

far2slow

First off sorry i have posted this in the wrong area, the reason i have not posted it into mod development was i am unsure if this mod is worth doing.

I am a admin on a small game site and found we only used the calendar for site events, and wanted a better way to showcase our events, so i started on a mod to do this. you can see this working on our site http://gamersrespawn.co.uk/index.php?action=events

the mod as it stands today has a admin section where you can create event categories eg.  xbox, playstation, pc

in each category you can then create items eg  xbox----> gamename, you can also upload a image for that item and have options too add, edit, delete and publish/unpublish 

in the create a calendar event we have two drop downs one for cat one for the items 

we also have it linked to the Event Registration Mod so registered members can register to events right from the events page and view who other members that have joined the event

what i wonder is if this is something that the smf community would use on there own sites and worth developing as a mod for others to use, if so is there anyone that has time to help out just cleaning things up so it passes the smf mod rules ( if there is nothing around already that will do the same sort of thing )

I am a hobby coder and not been doing it all that long so i am sure there will be a quite a few things that can be improved upon

Burke ♞ Knight

Chalky

Oh yes, I think my co-admin will like that  :D

Advertisement: