News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Any good theme ideas for my asthma forum ?

Started by Stuart, September 25, 2005, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart

Hi y'all  :D

About six weeks ago I actually started with my Dutch asthma forum.
I'm quite pleased by it's popularity, though I'm not too happy with the default theme which I'm using at this moment  :-[

I've been looking around for some cool themes, but most of them are in English. Nevertheless I have seen some very cool ones, like Saf by Forsaken and Oxygen by Bloc.

I don't really know what should be good for my guests, nor what they'd like.
I like the 2 rows (different row for topics and different row for posts (yabb style ?); in that specific order) and I like the fixed width (760 pixels) very much as well.
It's very hard to find cool pictures which are of any use, like for example:

Any good ideas and or help would be very much appreciated. I'd like to offer my guests a professionel looking forum, and at this point of time I can't  :'(
My forum should be based on something with clouds I think. But if I want a top (760 pixels) my picture is far too small. Twice the picture looks absolutely crap  :-X

Hopefully y'all can help me out just a bit. It would make me every so happy  ;D

Cheers,
Stuart

Aaron

Hi Stuart,

I would recommend the skyblue version of SMFone. When you would change the very bottom background of that theme to clouds, I'm quite sure your users will love it! :)

Regards,
Aäron.

Stuart

Quote from: Aäron on September 25, 2005, 02:22:32 PM
Hi Stuart,

I would recommend the skyblue version of SMFone. When you would change the very bottom background of that theme to clouds, I'm quite sure your users will love it! :)

Regards,
Aäron.

Thanks for sharing your ideas Aaron. To be quite honest, I don't particularly like that theme. I doesn't show the posts / topics rows and I don't like the very top too much either.
If I'd change the background to clouds with the clouds I showed in this topic it wouldn't look good at all unfortunately.

Cheers,
Stu

Stuart

I guess I haven't been to clear about the topics / posts rows. For that reason I'm putting 2 examples in this post.
In this example the topic row is a bit too width though  :(

crazystu

You could edit it to make it how you want.
BTW I'm called Stuart and I have asthma!

1MileCrash

just curios..but..

what can you talk about on a forum about asthma?
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Stuart

Quote from: nesianstyles on September 25, 2005, 03:34:21 PM
You could edit it to make it how you want.
BTW I'm called Stuart and I have asthma!

I'm not too good in actually changing this whole thing. Like creating 2 rows, I wouldn't have a clue where and how to do so  :(

forsakenlad

Quote from: Tippmaster on September 25, 2005, 03:41:27 PM
just curios..but..

what can you talk about on a forum about asthma?

Maybe possible treatment techniques, the things people lived through, past experiences, advices... (the list goes on) ;)
Eren "forsakenlad" Yaşarkurt
SMF Friend & Former Team Member

Stuart

At this moment I'm actually working on a theme from forsakenlad who helped me a lot  :D
As soon as I got anything ready I'll actually post it here.
Thanks to Forsaken, who has been a great help to me  :D

forsakenlad

You are always welcome Stuart, just let me know, if you want anything changed ;)

Stuart

Quote from: forsakenlad on September 25, 2005, 05:47:26 PM
You are always welcome Stuart, just let me know, if you want anything changed ;)

Thanks  :D

I'm actually working with the new template out at the moment (just for my own account), and I discovered that as soon as my mouse goes over a picture-link at the bottom of the page (links to php, mysql, css and xhtml) internet explorer 6 is giving me an error. 'object is expected' 

Any ideas what I should edit in index.template.php to get rid off this errors ? I could get ridd off these 4 pictures, but I don't prefer that and I'm not too sure if that's allowed either.

Cheers,
Stuart

Stuart

:D When everything is finished my new forum will look like this:

Aaron

Which looks great, congratulations!

I have only one suggestion: other board icons? I mean, what do these gearwheels have to do with asthma? ;)

1MileCrash

The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

forsakenlad

LOL, that was good Tippmaster, actually Aäron those icons relate to the "Simple Machines" :)

Stuart

Quote from: Aäron on September 26, 2005, 04:10:37 PM
Which looks great, congratulations!

I have only one suggestion: other board icons? I mean, what do these gearwheels have to do with asthma? ;)

Great idea, I agree with you that it would be even better to have icons related to asthma  :D
I'm not quite sure about the possibilities though, because it's kinda hard to find icons with are nice and functional.

Cheers,
Stu

Stuart

After making a backup of my forum I get this error:

Quote2: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
Bestand: /data/members/paid/a/s/astmaforum.nl/htdocs/www/Sources/DumpDatabase.php
Line: 252

Anyone that knows how to actually solve this (hopefully little) problem  ???

bloc

Something seem to be up with that file - or your database. Have you upgraded the forum or anything recently?

Theme is looking great btw. :) As for icons..maybe something associated with clean air? I would imagine that would be relevant for asthmatics?..

Stuart

Quote from: Bloc on September 26, 2005, 08:40:54 PM
Something seem to be up with that file - or your database. Have you upgraded the forum or anything recently?

Theme is looking great btw. :) As for icons..maybe something associated with clean air? I would imagine that would be relevant for asthmatics?..

I upgraded to 1.0.5 quite a while ago (about six weeks or so). I haven't got a clue how the solve that error. I might try reinstall upgrade.php ?

The new template will be in use within an hour from now on my forum, special thanks to Forsakenlad for that  :D

Yeah, some 'clean air' icons would be great. I'm not that creative (actually, I just cannot create things like that) though but I like the idea very much.

Thanks for all the positive comments folks  :D

Stuart

The new template is now in use on my forum and the members are very enthousiastic about it; they just love it  :D

I cannot use inhaler board icons as these pictures are probably copyrighted by its manufacturers  ::)

Nevertheless, I'm very pleased with the new template myself too  :D
Thanks again for all your help Forsaken.

Stu

Advertisement: