News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Changing forum gradient.

Started by hashend94, August 10, 2013, 02:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hashend94

Hey, I would like to know how I could change the single color in the forum (Ex- Topics and sections) from the single color to a gradient. It'll be easier to understand if you view the pictures I've attached.

Thanks.

Arantor

There's really not a good way to do that without fairly major changes to SMF from what I remember.

Those colours are controlled ultimately by the windowbg and windowbg2 classes which are used everywhere else in SMF for styling purposes.

Gwenwyfar

If you remove the windowbg classes of the messageindex, you then just get a small slice of gradient image and use it as background for the table rows, and set it for background-size 100% 100%. I have that on mine, here's how it looks like:

Alternatively, I think you should be able to select the #messageindex windowbg and use an !important rule to remove the default, then add the gradient.

You can use css gradient as well, but that will use the client's processing, an image, just a bit of memory.

Edit: Oh well, seems this section is rather abandoned isn't it? Just saw now that this is august... of last year. :P
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: