News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

GeSHiSmf

Started by AzaToth, September 25, 2005, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshown

first time I installed GeSHi I got the same (and for same i mean the exact) error because I was uploading the unpacked folder of the mod by FTP when I should install the mod through the internal SMF Package Installer. Are you sure you're doing the same thing as me?
I don't know any other possible reasons you could get this error :(
Maybe you're using a particular Theme which is not included in the mod (different from Default and Classic which are supported by the mod).
If you another theme, look at the file "install.xml" inside the mod archive you've downloaded from SMF Mod Site to know what files must be modified.

what I do each time on each SMF forum upgrade from previous to last version is:
- installing GeSHi mod
- downloading the up-to-date version of GeSHi from its SF.net site
- uploading all the files in the folder /Sources/geshi (and overwriting all files) (but only the files in this directories, no others)
- modify file Themes/default/Post.template.php by searching the line:
// Print a drop down list for all the GeSHi-languages we "allow"!
and eventually adding any new language inserted in the last version of GeSHi.

I know that it could be easier and faster to have a mod which is released each time new GeSHi version is released, with the last languages etc etc
I hope this would be useful to anyone.
My Projects: SOLDAT Italia

Daniel15

Quotethis is the error the forum generates:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: geshi in /html/wp/forums/Sources/Subs.php(1181) : runtime-created function on line 15
I got the same error. To fix this, ensure that the 'geshi' directory was created inside the Sources directory. You should have a Sources/geshi/geshi.php file, and a Sources/geshi/geshi directory. If they don't exist, upload them from the original ZIP file.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

AzaToth

Quote from: Daniel15 on January 10, 2007, 03:58:50 AM
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: geshi in /html/wp/forums/Sources/Subs.php(1181) : runtime-created function on line 15
I got the same error. To fix this, ensure that the 'geshi' directory was created inside the Sources directory. You should have a Sources/geshi/geshi.php file, and a Sources/geshi/geshi directory. If they don't exist, upload them from the original ZIP file.
It's a bug in 1.1.1 that I can't fix. I don't think it will be fixed neither soon.

theshown

the important thing however is that GeSHiSmf works (I hope so)...

Daniel15

Quote from: AzaToth on January 12, 2007, 10:22:08 AM
Quote from: Daniel15 on January 10, 2007, 03:58:50 AM
It's a bug in 1.1.1 that I can't fix. I don't think it will be fixed neither soon.
Your whole archive (including the package-info.xml file) is in a geshi folder (so the Sources/geshi is actually at geshi/geshi in the archive). Try putting all files in the 'root' of the archive instead
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Laibeus Lord

I'm getting this error:

8: Undefined offset: 0
File: /home/gamesho2/public_html/boards/Sources/geshi/geshi.php
Line: 2090

SMF1.1.1
GeSHiSmf-0.1.0.tar.gz

Any ideas or a fix?  Or is it fine to ignore it??

Thanks!!

linuxrush

please!!! someone smart enough solve this so I can use this wonderful feature. IF only I knew the inner workings of SMF!!!

-LR

Valodim

just download geshi from the geshi homepage (-> google) and extract it into your Sources/geshi dir :)

Coldfx

Also, sometimes, trying to upload into the sources/geshi folder can cause failed attempts.  Delete the empty geshi folder (As about 99.5% users are getting), then copy over the entire geshi folder (Found in the tar.gz package).

red_ag

Hi.

Where i find GeSHiSmf for 1.1.2?

theshown

Just install it. I'm using it from 1.1 without anykind of problems ;) If it tells that it's not compatible with your forum version change the proper info in the file package-info.xml inside the .zip file of the mod and then upload it.

AzaToth

When I was going to make a package for 1.1.1 before, I got the problem with the geshi folder, that it didn't been copied. I don't know if it's fixed for 1.1.2, I'll look into it

/Carl

AzaToth

have made a package for 1.1.2 now, and it seems to work. also included the latest geshi release.

theshown

great work, i wait package for next release of smf :P then i'll install it

edwardsiow

another undefined indexed...

8: Undefined index: geshi_numbering
File: /home/mortgago/domains/mortgago.com/public_html/Sources/Subs.php(1242) : runtime-created function
Line: 32

anybody please help me....thanks...

your kindness much appreciated...

edwardsiow

ok....after i have turned on the geshi numbering, that errors disappeared...

thanks god...

Kirill Krasnov

How I can post national character in geshi code?
I see something like that
   z11=z1;z12=Найти(z1,"-");

BlueSteel

Grrrrr tried changing the package-info.xml to include ,1.1.3 and reziped it .. but niow its saying that the zip is corrupt or not a valid smf mod ..

Can somerone please tell me what i did wrong or what i need to do to get it to install on SMF 1.1.3

plz ..
(PS: an attachment of fixed archive to install would be prefered and greatly appreciated)

BlueSteel

still waiting for a reply :( i can't believe that no one has edited this to work with SMF 1.1.3

TrueSatan

Unfortunately Motoko-chan moderated to remove the attachment the last time I provided such an update and gave me a slapped wrist for doing it...SMF make the rules and we must abide by them (biting lip very hard to avoid saying more.)

I changed this mod in the normal way to add SMF 1.1.3 compatibility and installed it on a test forum...no problems.

If you'd like to try it again you could always use version emulate to install the package. Put ;emulate_version=1.1.2 at the end of the Package Manager URL

Advertisement: