News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Amazon SES (email) Duplicate Mime-Version Error

Started by bigdy, August 20, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molten Bear

Great.  Thank You

In the mean time, I switched to Google for sending mail as those servers do not appear to care about duplicate MIME

Here's a visual of a mail header:

Subject: Changed SMTP Settings
To: <[email protected]>
Mime-Version: 1.0                                                              <- Added by ScheduledTasks.php  seems like for all mail
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2014 23:26:11 -0000
X-Mailer: SMF
Mime-Version: 1.0                                                              <- Added by Subs-post.php but missing from scheduled emails (Birthday, Expire Soon, etc)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

beanflying

Has anyone found a good fix for this yet? I modified  ScheduledTasks.php and Subs-Post.php. Emails come through, but they show header and footer information, which I assume is a result of removing MIME information?

Thanks,
Owner of many many shiny toys.

Molten Bear

I too hope there will be a solution soon as the SMTP server I now have access to without the fix is shared with a site that was once marked as a spammer.

Actually, it would also fix it IF Amazon SES would accept two lines of MIME- version details.

MicroGuy

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 06, 2014, 01:40:15 AM
Ok, so this seems to be an SMF issue to some extent. I'll look into it more when I get a chance and see if I can come up with a proper fix for you.

Any progress on making this fix? I had to modify SMF already to get TLS working with Amazon SES. Thank you!  :)

huns

Oh well, count me in. Just signed up for SES, same issue.
At least we have a fix, but again, messing with the code ONE more time.... I mean... one day I will just have to move to phpBB or some other engine because all these little fixes here and there will just break my installation and I won't be able to upgrade.

Could the SMF team introduce these little hotfixes as "mods"?
Or something like that?

(I do package my edits as little mods.)

wismie

Advertisement: