Attached files should have an extension

Started by Arantor, September 08, 2013, 07:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

for people aware of the extension it may be confusing

http://whatis.techtarget.com/fileformat/SMF-MIDI-audio-file

also we would need to apply this to all existing attachments and avatars not just new ones.

Suki

It seems no one actually payed attention to my commit.... oh well, lesson learned I suppose.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Kindred

Sorry Suki...   I don't read github that well....   what did your commit do?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

The same you are talking about:

- Having a unique extension for all attachments.
- Handling old attachments and add the extension if they doesn't have one yet.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Kindred

ah. excellent.

Oldiesmann, can you check and accpet her commit?
After all, if she's alreayd done, it, cycle it in! :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

Suki

Was the first extension I came up with. They can (and will) change it. Not a big deal.

Arantor

Advertisement: