News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Suggestions

Started by HarryPotterTR, September 13, 2013, 08:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryPotterTR

Hi!

Today, 2013, all the people use Facebook and they want instant notifications. (Quote, PM, Answer the topics vs.)
But SMF do not have them. This modifications no longer be required. Smf looking too old. I found 1 modification like this. But it's paid. I do not want to pay the fee. Because these features have to be.

Other problem, today all the people have smartphones but smf don't have mobile friendly mod. Yes, smf have a  mod but it's paid. WHY? WHY SMF?

They have to be. You must be. Due to our age..
Or..

#RIPSimpleMachines

;)

IchBin™

If it must be free, why don't you do it then? I'm sure SMF would love to have anyone help contribute to make SMF the way they think it should be.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Antechinus

Quote from: HarryPotterTR on September 13, 2013, 08:10:07 AM
Hi!

Today, 2013, all the people use Facebook...
Speak for yourself.

Quote....and they want instant notifications. (Quote, PM, Answer the topics vs.)
See above. Kthnx.

QuoteBut SMF do not have them.
Cool. Less crap throw in my face. Gotta love it. :D

Arantor

The other problem is that most of the time, servers will struggle to cope with instant-ness of stuff. Facebook runs in a huge great datacenter, your site won't.

Arantor

There is an alerts system being added to 2.1 but it won't be quite the same 'instant' notification that FB has (for the same reason I asserted above), however it will work much as XenForo's does. Or it will once it's finished.

NanoSector

As for mobile friendliness, you can use Tapatalk, they have a mod for SMF 2.x, but it's not tested by us nor proven safe & stable.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: