News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[WIP/Experiment] FlatLine

Started by TwitchisMental, September 15, 2013, 12:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

As we all know one of the big web design trends is flat design, so I decided to do a bit of experimenting with it.

I give to you FlatLine

Flat Line is a nice simple and "flat" SMF theme. As of right now it is just a blue color base,but I will be doing more colors. This theme is based on the flat web design concept/trend that is currently very popular.

Planned Features So Far -

1. SuperFish Jquery Menu

2. Theme Color Switcher

3. Integrated Go To Top Button with jquery slide effect.

4. 5 Color Variations.

5. Fluid Width

ScreenShots are attached along with the open beta package.

ARG01

Looks nice. I would however suggest adjusting the menu and logo positions to align better with the content area.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ARG on September 15, 2013, 01:16:02 AM
Looks nice. I would however suggest adjusting the menu and logo positions to align better with the content area.  ;)

You mean more like this :) -

ARG01

Close. I would have them a bit more to the right. In your image, picture the left of the logo and Home tab aligning with the left of Category 1.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

bloc

This is a nice concept. But I would remove that grey thin line over the linktree + make the forum logo/title white instead, its a little too dark text there now IMHO. And like ARG suggests, some adjustment on alignment would not hurt it.

On/off images are great, likewise the choice of font, the catbg/titlebg colors and the slight bluish grey outside. :)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ARG on September 15, 2013, 11:01:31 AM
Close. I would have them a bit more to the right. In your image, picture the left of the logo and Home tab aligning with the left of Category 1.  ;)
Oh you mean make it symmetrical with everything else?

@Bloc I do plan on doing this, this was basically a quick mockup of what I had in my head. I wanted to get peoples opinions on it before going all out. Thank you for your other comments on the font,catbg, and titlebg colors. I was trying to find a comparable font to the futura-pt font so I choose this one - http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Questrial

Edit : newest -

Mick.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Mick. on September 15, 2013, 08:34:42 PM
Now that's sweet looking!
Thank you, I am taking any suggestion you may have :).

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

AllanD

Looks great NBK, keep up the great work.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Ricky.

I guess Mick. has already attempted something similar with his responsive smf theme. .. isnt ?

Matthew K.

It is pretty nice...it actually may have inspired me enough to design my first public theme for SMF 2.1. I think I could have quite a bit of fun with it. We'll see.....never the less, it's looking good.

TwitchisMental

Thank you all for the comments, I am still taking suggestions :).

I have updated the first post with the latest version .

Mick.

Quote from: Ricky. on September 17, 2013, 12:40:56 AM
I guess Mick. has already attempted something similar with his responsive smf theme. .. isnt ?
i have several flats. But what I like about  this one is the fact that is wide just like the norm default width. My themes are set to 990px. Now, my current deal is implementing twitter bootstrap.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

TwitchisMental

Thanks crip, I have implemented the superfish menu and currently tweaking the footer.

TwitchisMental

Latest version, I am not sure where to put the theme selector at this moment, so if anyone has a better position I am all ears haha.

Burke ♞ Knight

In this case, wouldn't it be "all eyes"? ;)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: BurkeKnight on September 25, 2013, 04:54:29 PM
In this case, wouldn't it be "all eyes"? ;)

In this case, yes it should be. However as you can see, I have a tendency to type as though I am talking to someone directly. It is a flaw of mine haha :).

Advertisement: