Fanfics System

Started by Tokzu, September 19, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokzu

Quote from: skatoulaki on October 12, 2014, 01:26:20 AM
Hello, I installed the FanFics System mod and I'm getting a 501 error when I try to modify anything or click on a story to read it.

I get this error:

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My forum is located at agentsofshield.99shadows.com

Yeas, this problem probably is because your host, or maybe when you installed the package manager change the cmod permissions of your files. Please check this.
"I don't need a knight in a shinny armor, I need a angel in a trench coat"

My mods:

vbgamer45

I have seen that issue happen with mod_security the issue is the ;id= in your urls but I generally tell users to contact their host to disable mod_security for their site or try the custom .htaccess.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Tokzu

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 12, 2014, 12:33:24 PM
I have seen that issue happen with mod_security the issue is the ;id= in your urls but I generally tell users to contact their host to disable mod_security for their site or try the custom .htaccess.

Thanks for the info. I'll add this on the FFSystem wiki for future references. ;)

My mods:

Kimmie

Quote from: Mollerz on October 12, 2014, 12:18:16 AM
Quote from: Kimmie on October 05, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
I updated my post a couple of times so you may have missed those edits. For now I will make sure nobody copies and pastes that they hand type everything in :).

I wouldn't recommend that! Just in case their session messes up.. it would suck to lose a lot of writing to that. There is a good workaround to this issue- Feel free to write in your software of choice, but convert/export the content into plain text and copy/paste that into the fan fic software. It will be free of HTML tags that show up when they post it that way.

ProTip: I set up a fan fic story outlining this workaround for my users so they can see it and utilize it.

If you look at the image I posted, there is no way around it. The only way to do it as you described is for them to know the exact font type and size the mod calls for and use that on whatever they type. It would be much easier if this mod supported more than just one. It would take way too much time for me to have to explain to all of them all the steps they need to do to get it to work.

Kindred

Actually, you are incorrect, Kimmie - the problem is not what font is selected... it's that ANY font has been selected, since the editor in fanfic does not process the font bbc...

the problem is likely to be the combination of the wysiwyg editor and (probably) IE...

turn off the wysiwyg or use FF or Chrome and you (maybe) won't see the issue...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

skatoulaki

Ok, I had my host disable mod_security, but I am still getting the 501 error when I try to modify Categories or Subcategories or when I try to open a fanfic story. I also tried the .htaccess file recommended in earlier posts.

Any other suggestions?

Kindred

who is your host?   The fact that you still get the error suggests that mod_security was NOT actually disabled.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

skatoulaki

Quote from: Kindred on October 14, 2014, 11:07:54 AM
who is your host?   The fact that you still get the error suggests that mod_security was NOT actually disabled.
My host is A Small Orange. My forum sits on a subdomain on my site. Is mod_security a domain-wide function or something that would have to be disabled on subdomains as well? Haha, laymen's terms please...so I know exactly what I'm talking about when I tell them what I need.

Kindred

mod_security is usually at the SERVER level
Слaва
Украинi

skatoulaki

Hm, okay, they have done that:( I'm still getting the 501 error.

waplist

I installed the mod but there is no option or button to add stories :-[

Tokzu

Quote from: waplist on December 14, 2014, 05:58:04 PM
I installed the mod but there is no option or button to add stories :-[

Hi waplist, please read the FFSystem wiki for more info about how to use it. ;)
http://wiki.kaero-webs.com/Fanfics_System:Stories

My mods:

waplist

Im using pretty urls and optimus brave so how can i put disscusion url

Tokzu

Quote from: waplist on December 16, 2014, 07:51:23 AM
Im using pretty urls and optimus brave so how can i put disscusion url

I had not considered Pretty URL, for the next update I'll add Pretty URL support, but Optimus Brave has no settings than conflicts with FFSystem.

My mods:

Schachazubi

Hi Tokzu,

very nice Work, this Mod is great! - Installation on my 2.0.9 without Errors or any Problems.

It would be awesome, if there would be a Possibility to leave a quick Comment. For a whole Fanfic / or even better, for each Chapter - Sadly, a lot of my Users are to lazy to press the Button to follow to the Discussion-Thread and give a Feedback there. So many Authors are sad, that they got Hits, but dont earn any Feedback. Some Authors dont know how to add a Thread-ID (and some are simply to lazy).

It would be perfect to integrate the matching Thread directly on the bottom of a Chapter-Site, but i think thats to hard Work to make this real.

Another Idea: It would be nice, if Users can approve a Fanfic and a written Chapter by themselves. With that Option, they are able to write their Stories online, 5 Sentence at Home, 10 Sentence while sitting in Subway/Bus (using Handy), correcting and deleting some written Sentences and then 7 new Sentence, all at Work - and the last 3 Sentence at Home. Another Chapter completed - and now approveable by the User himself. - Its important, that no one else can read the Work in Progress, thats the Idea.

Sorry, my English is bad, i m from Germany.

This is just a little Feedback, i dont want to make you angry to me. Thank you many many times for your Mod!

Tokzu

Thanks Schachazubi for your feedback, I appreciate it. ;D

I had planned to add that feature (comments t the bottom of the chapters) for the same reasons you've said but I've been busy on my new workplace and it has stop me to continue developing FFSystem and create another new mods.

But I hope on this month or the next have more free time and return to develop FFSystem, just be patient. ;)

My mods:

Anjuna

Hi,

This is pretty a great mod. I've implemented it on my forum, and it works fine... for me, the admin. However, my users are unable to access the "My fanfics" sections, and as a result, are unable to post fanfics of their own. What could be the problem?

I'm using smf 2.0.10, if that matters.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Tokzu

Check your users's permissions, please refer to the manual to know how to grant them.

http://wiki.kaero-webs.com/kw/Fanfics_System:Permissions

My mods:

icehawke

I have installed this on my site and the categories are not selectable when attempting to add a story.

Advertisement: