Girls Nite Out [WIP]

Started by Gatlin1, September 21, 2013, 12:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARG01

Girls Nite Out Going for the girly music crowd.

Decided that it was time for a darker theme. It's a bit on the radical side but I figure hey, so what.  :D

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

johnpaul2k2

12 in one design

that is awesome.....waiting to see the final result , though the width are kinda "extra large" ;)

ARG01

The width is set at a percentage to accommodate various screen resolutions. The live version will more than likely fit your screen better than the image. Should have a live demo in a day or two.   ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

ARG01

TwitchisMental

It is looking great so far, I can't wait to see the full board index layout.

ARG01

Finally got a live demo up (G Series V1). I still need to design a main bg, finish the right logo and design/re-design a few icons. Every time I look at it I see things that don't quite fit and need to be changed. 

;)

Tavsih

Looks nice

It will be free or premium?

ARG01

Quote from: Tavsih on September 25, 2013, 01:55:10 PM
Looks nice

It will be free or premium?

Sorry, there is way too much work and time involved for this to be a free theme. I have 147 layers and more than 30 Photoshop hours into the left logo alone.  And, I have yet to even begin on the right logo. ;)

margarett

That looks really nice, great work!. Congrats ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

TwitchisMental

Looking pretty good, I am not sure about the board index tables background color though.

One thing I have noticed about all your themes though, is although you usually make awesome headers, you usually do not put much else into customization.

Do you plan on doing so with this theme or maybe a future one? I do understand the more customized a theme the less mod compatibility,but I know you are a great designer and could make one hell of an awesome custom theme.

Just my two cents, either way keep up the good work.  8)

ARG01

QuoteLooking pretty good, I am not sure about the board index tables background color though.

Please, fill me in on what is confusing you?

QuoteOne thing I have noticed about all your themes though, is although you usually make awesome headers, you usually do not put much else into customization.

That's just it. I try to make them function with mods just as the default theme does. I don't have a lot of time to invest in support for custom mods, especially since other than a portal I don't believe in using mods myself. 
However, I will more than likely spend more time in other areas sometime in the future. I have found that the majority of customers prefer less frills and better visibility.

What customizations would you rather see?

;)

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ARG on September 25, 2013, 05:05:43 PM
QuoteLooking pretty good, I am not sure about the board index tables background color though.

Please, fill me in on what is confusing you?

QuoteOne thing I have noticed about all your themes though, is although you usually make awesome headers, you usually do not put much else into customization.

That's just it. I try to make them function with mods just as the default theme does. I don't have a lot of time to invest in support for custom mods, especially since other than a portal I don't believe in using mods myself. 
However, I will more than likely spend more time in other areas sometime in the future. I have found that the majority of customers prefer less frills and better visibility.

What customizations would you rather see?

;)

1. Nothing is really confusing, I just personally don't think that gray works.. Maybe it is just because of the purple background filling the table spacing. Hey that is just me though .

2. I understand that, however who says you have to support the mods? It is your theme you do with what you wish, atleast that is how I look at it. I do agree alot of clients tend to like the current trend of simple and flat designs. Again this is just me and my views, I just know you have the ability to make a really complete custom theme.

3. As for customization I would like to see, I would love to see what you could do to the board index, thread list, and post areas of a theme.

I do not know how important making themes is for you, but I know myself I do these for fun. Perhaps that is why I enjoy trying to do something different  and you prefer to make sure it is as compatible with mods as possible.

Either way keep up the awesome work, I am sure like most of your themes, this one will be a great final product.

ARG01

Quote... however who says you have to support the mods?...

I guess nobody actually says it but most expect mod support for custom themes, just as they do for the default theme. When I was on the Dziner Studio team we constantly received mod support requests, even though it normally came down to default theme edits as opposed to our themes.
Although it is stated in my themes license that I am not obligated to offer support for any third party mods/ad-ons, I still do what I can if any issues arise for premium theme owners.
But I must be doing something right.  In my 10 or so year of designing and 30 or so theme releases I have only had 6 support requests pertaining to actual theme issues. That even includes one particular  theme here at SMF that was downloaded near 1000 times.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ARG on September 25, 2013, 05:31:23 PM
Quote... however who says you have to support the mods?...

I guess nobody actually says it but most expect mod support for custom themes, just as they do for the default theme. When I was on the Dziner Studio team we constantly received mod support requests, even though it normally came down to default theme edits as opposed to our themes.
Although it is stated in my themes license that I am not obligated to offer support for any third party mods/ad-ons, I still do what I can if any issues arise for premium theme owners.
But I must be doing something right.  In my 10 or so year of designing and 30 or so theme releases I have only had 6 support requests pertaining to actual theme issues. That even includes one particular  theme here at SMF that was downloaded near 1000 times.

Hey no argument here, you have been doing this for years and know what your doing.

I personally think the issue we are talking about could be nipped in the butt if the mod/package system didn't have direct template edits.

Arantor

It could be nipped in the bud even if it did have template edits if handled properly ;) Seriously, even XenForo has a template system where addons can modify and extend templates but the way it's done means that it's almost never a problem.

TwitchisMental

As does MyBB, but to my understanding the plugins themselves use the hook system to input edits to templates. I could be wrong though, I am not a plugin type of guy. PHP scares me haha.

Lexi P

The demo does not seem to work but i really like the looks of the second sample image. Is this theme available anywhere?

Advertisement: