How can I migrate?

Started by marsi, September 25, 2013, 09:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsi

Hi, everyone!
Could you suggest an easy way to migrate from my SMF? Thank you!

marsi

margarett

You have to complete.
You want to convert from SMF to another forum software? If you do, you need to ask in that software's support how to do it.
Or
You want to convert to SMF from another forum software? If you do, you need to tell us the name of that software.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

marsi

Quote from: margarett on September 30, 2013, 04:29:46 AM
You have to complete.
You want to convert from SMF to another forum software? If you do, you need to ask in that software's support how to do it.
Or
You want to convert to SMF from another forum software? If you do, you need to tell us the name of that software.

Hi! I want to migrate from SMF (see my first post). And why should I go to other online communities to ask this question? I don't really understand... I think I have the right to ask wherever I want or am I wrong?

Burke ♞ Knight

Well, you are asking SMF how to leave SMF...

Would you like to have someone using your product come up to you and ask how to switch to someone else's product?

margarett

@marsi: Of course you have the right to ask wherever you want. You may or may not get the reply you wish :P

But think of 2 things:
One:
Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 17, 2013, 10:16:51 AM
Would you like to have someone using your product come up to you and ask how to switch to someone else's product?
Two:
A converter is a rather tricky piece of software. Someone spends/spent a LOT of time matching database schemas to import data. It should be clear that we will not spend that amount of time building a converter for another software, the same way other softwares will not provide a converter for SMF

emanuele

Well, time is not the only issue.

"We" know SMF better and "we" know how the data have to be inserted into the database to have a working SMF after the migration, while we can't know all the other systems and so we cannot know *exactly* how the data should be thrown into the different databases to complete a proper migration.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

amadeos

and I am looking for mod which transfer data, but protect from any data losing

kat

Firstly, you've hijacked someone else's topic, which means that you might get ignored.

We could split this off. But, secondly, you don't tell us what you want to transfer, from where, to where.

So, I'm afraid that we can't, really, help you. :(

Advertisement: