News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

converter bbpress 2 to smf ?

Started by kas5986, September 26, 2013, 11:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Actually those are your forum posts. So they do matter :P

Try this (again, backup):
UPDATE smf_messages
SET poster_email = '[email protected]'
WHERE poster_email = '';

This should add a "dummy" email address to any post missing.
Then try again to run the 2 queries that are returning errors (it should fix one of them)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

For the other error "posts cannot be null" run this:

UPDATE smf_members SET posts = IFNULL( (
SELECT count(*)
FROM smf_messages
WHERE (
smf_messages.id_member = smf_members.id_member
)
GROUP BY id_member ) , 0
)

instead of the query you were given (and that is also returning an error)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sono

When I add this, it runs successfully.

UPDATE smf_messages
WHERE poster_email = '';

But even so when I try to run the following query, it gives the error: "#1048 - Column 'poster_email' cannot be null"

UPDATE smf_messages SET `poster_email` = (
SELECT email_address
FROM smf_members
WHERE smf_members.id_member= smf_messages.id_member
)

The interesting is that I checked the smf_messages table, and I can see the fake e-mail added to the posts.... Strange.

This query works, however:

SELECT count(*)
FROM smf_messages
WHERE (
)
GROUP BY id_member ) , 0
)

margarett

I'm sorry, I made a mistake in the first query, I should be adding the dummy email to the members table, not messages.
Nevertheless, it served it's purpose :P

Do you have, in smf_members, some rows with empty "email_address"?

Sono

The interesting is that when I click to reverse the order of e-mail addresses in smf_members, there isnt any row with empty e-mail.

So the answer is no.

I click this button:

margarett

Then I have no idea why that error happens :P

Anyway, all information should be converted. Welcome to SMF :D

I'd advise you to run the maintenance tasks, take care of membergroups, boards and permissions an then maybe use Spuds mod "Admin Toolbox" to recount your members totals.

Good luck ;)

Sono

Actuallyx it seems to me all members are transferred. a Lot of posts are there. So maybe it is not that big an error.

But let me ask you to confirm in what order shall I run these queries:

UPDATE smf_messages
WHERE poster_email = '';

UPDATE smf_messages SET `poster_email` = (
SELECT email_address
FROM smf_members
WHERE smf_members.id_member= smf_messages.id_member
)

SELECT count(*)
FROM smf_messages
WHERE (
)
GROUP BY id_member ) , 0
)

Is this all I have to run at the end, or I should also run this?:

UPDATE smf_members SET posts = ( SELECT count( * )
FROM smf_messages
WHERE smf_messages.id_member = smf_members.id_member
GROUP BY id_member )

Or the query nr. 3 that you recommended can replace this last one?

margarett

1 replaces 2 (because you have no members without email)

3 replaces the other one.

So, if you didn't clear any data between having those errors and running those now, everything should be fine ;)

Sono

Thank you very much.

It seems all members were transferred, there seems to be many posts, so I guess the essence is there :D

Thank you!

So this method works indeed. I can confirm now. This 2 last query is problematic, but the forum was transferred more or less. It is good because I am waiting for a solution to show up since last summer :D

scorbit

Quote from: wouterm on October 01, 2013, 07:23:43 AM
Hi,
I  succeeded to migrate from Wordpress BBpress2 plugin to SMF2.05.
These are the steps I made:

- Install SMF2.05
- Copy these 4  tables from the wordpress database to the SMF database: wp_posts, wp_postmeta, wp_users, wp_usermeta . (you can use mysql dumper)
- Run the mySQL commands (see attachment).

These commands will copy only the basic data (Usersnames + passwords, forum, topics and posts).

For me it worked. I hope this  can be useful for others

Hi all, I'm stuck on this same issue right now and could use some help...
I got through all steps, but when I run the mySQL command I get the following... any ideas?
Thanks!

Error
SQL query: Documentation

BBPRESS2_TO_SMF * * * COPY MEMBERS * * * INSERT INTO  `smf_members` (  `id_member` ,  `member_name` ,  `real_name` ,  `passwd` ,  `email_address` ,  `website_title` ,  `website_url` ,  `date_registered` ,  `posts` ,  `hide_email` ,  `avatar` )
SELECT ID AS id_member, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 80 ) AS member_name, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 255 ) AS real_name, m.user_pass AS passwd, m.user_email AS email_address, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_title, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_url, UNIX_TIMESTAMP( m.user_registered ) AS date_registered, 0 AS posts, 1 AS hide_email,  '' AS avatar
FROM wp_users AS m * * * COPY
AND UPDATE BOARDS / FORUM * * * INSERT INTO  `smf_boards` (  `id_board` ,  `board_order` ,  `name` ,  `description` )
SELECT ID, menu_order, post_title, post_content
FROM  `wp_posts`
WHERE  `wp_posts`.`post_type` =  'forum';

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BBPRESS2_TO_SMF

*** COPY MEMBERS ***

INSERT INTO `smf_members` ( `id_membe' at line 1

margarett

That's wrong...

What you need to run is just after INSERT INTO... Look at the file, it's quite explicit...

BBPRESS2_TO_SMF

*** COPY MEMBERS ***

INSERT INTO `smf_members` ( `id_member` , `member_name` , `real_name` , `passwd` , `email_address` , `website_title` , `website_url` , `date_registered` , `posts` , `hide_email` , `avatar` )
SELECT ID AS id_member, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 80 ) AS member_name, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 255 ) AS real_name, m.user_pass AS passwd, m.user_email AS email_address, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_title, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_url, UNIX_TIMESTAMP( m.user_registered ) AS date_registered, 0 AS posts, 1 AS hide_email, '' AS avatar
FROM wp_users AS m

*** COPY AND UPDATE BOARDS / FORUM ***

INSERT INTO `smf_boards`(`id_board`, `board_order`,  `name`, `description`)
SELECT ID, menu_order, post_title, post_content
FROM `wp_posts`
WHERE `wp_posts`.`post_type` = 'forum';

First line:
BBPRESS2_TO_SMF
Just a remark on what's inside the file
*** COPY MEMBERS ***
What the next operation(s) will perform
INSERT INTO `smf_members` ( `id_member` , `member_name` , `real_name` , `passwd` , `email_address` , `website_title` , `website_url` , `date_registered` , `posts` , `hide_email` , `avatar` )
SELECT ID AS id_member, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 80 ) AS member_name, SUBSTRING( m.user_login, 1, 255 ) AS real_name, m.user_pass AS passwd, m.user_email AS email_address, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_title, SUBSTRING( m.user_url, 1, 255 ) AS website_url, UNIX_TIMESTAMP( m.user_registered ) AS date_registered, 0 AS posts, 1 AS hide_email, '' AS avatar
FROM wp_users AS m

The actual SQL query that you need to run.

And so on, throughout the file ;)

Advertisement: