News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Editing posts and threads

Started by Droga, September 27, 2005, 11:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droga

How can I make it so when a moderator or the Administrator edit a thread or a post the little message "Last Edit: Today at 11:47:15 AM by User X" does not appear?

I want this to only apply to my mods and to the Admin of course.... can anyone help me?

Oldiesmann

Sources/Post.php

1.0.5:

Find
// Have admins allowed people to hide their screwups?
if (time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER'])
$modifiedTime = time();

Replace
if ((time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER']) && !$user_info['is_admin'] && !in_array($ID_MEMBER, $board_info['moderators']))
$modifiedTime = time();

1.1:

Find
if (time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER'])
{
$msgOptions['modify_time'] = time();
$msgOptions['modify_name'] = addslashes($user_info['name']);
}

Replace
if ((time() - $row['posterTime'] > $modSettings['edit_wait_time'] || $ID_MEMBER != $row['ID_MEMBER']) && !$user_info['is_admin'] && !in_array($ID_MEMBER, $board_info['moderators']))
{
}
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

fiver

This works on smf1.1rc2 new default Core theme's 'Modify'. But when I use the Quick Edit icon, it records the "Last Edit:...".

Any additional modifications so that Quick Edit does not record "Last Edit" by admins?

:D

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

fiver

I just tested the one posted by Elijah Bliss and its still got the same problem - using Quick Edit in Core theme still shows the "Last Edit: by Admin".
:(

Thantos

try refreshing and see if its still there.

LostProphecy

no... no amount of refreshing removes the last edit from the post that you edited using the quick edit button
Angelus Ex Quo Nox

sbarnes

Quote from: Oldiesmann on September 27, 2005, 12:01:15 PM
Sources/Post.php

1.1:

Find
{
}

Replace
{
}

I have been using this for a while now, it works well.
Can things be altered so that the last edit is not shown when the admin or a moderator edits their own posts but is shown when they edit other members posts?

It would be nice to hide admin and moderator 'screw ups' but explain why they have edited members/guests posts.
I am using this in conjunction with the 'reason for editing' mod which lets you explain the reason for editing the post.

Any help appreciated

EDIT: Sorry if this 'mod' already does what I suggested, I did so because I noticed that one of my moderators edits had the 'last edit' show up on their board. I have now just realised that the edit occured within a child board of their board to which they are not listed as a moderator.

Please could you confirm if this mod works the way I wanted anyway?

Advertisement: