News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

iPad Bug

Started by ziycon, September 30, 2013, 04:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziycon

Not sure what the stance on support for iPads, but here's a possible bug. Waiting on more information from the users.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=511955.0

Arantor

So he's asking about a feature request as well as a bug at the same time (that's really helpful)

I'm not sure what the first screenshot is saying. I really need to try to reproduce, though I can see from his second screenshot it looks like he's using iOS 7, hmm, that limits my testing potential (I only have one device currently running iOS 7)

ziycon

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2013, 11:25:39 AM
So he's asking about a feature request as well as a bug at the same time (that's really helpful)

I'm not sure what the first screenshot is saying. I really need to try to reproduce, though I can see from his second screenshot it looks like he's using iOS 7, hmm, that limits my testing potential (I only have one device currently running iOS 7)
Yup, unfortunately some users are unable to separate out features and bugs or are just to lazy. :D

This is as far as I can help as due to my fairly deep rooted dislike for all things apple, I don't own an apple device to test what the user is reporting.

Kindred

Cannot reproduce on iPad 1 with iOS 5
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

I really need to try it on iOS 7 to be sure but I'd genuinely be surprised if it was broken on iOS 7 and not iOS 5 ;)

LiroyvH

* CoreISP resists the urge to point out what the actual bug is :P
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Arantor

It isn't using an iPad :P

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on September 30, 2013, 11:53:11 PM
It isn't using an iPad :P
Apparently it is if it only occurs on iPads :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Except it doesn't occur on iOS 5...

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2013, 05:11:46 AM
Except it doesn't occur on iOS 5...
Still only occurs on iPads ;)

Perhaps I can borrow my mom's iPhone 4 for testing, though I doubt it.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

No, it occurs on one user's iPad and that could just as easily be because they've screwed something up on their local install. Right now until we test it on a known working installation with iOS 7, we can't assume that it's the iPad's fault, no matter how much you might want to bash Apple.

ziycon

Just asked the user for the iOS version to narrow it down, should have been one of my first questions, I'm getting slow in my old'ish age!

Arantor

It's going to be iOS 7.0, 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 judging by the second screenshot :P

ziycon

Quote from: Arantor on October 01, 2013, 05:25:19 AM
It's going to be iOS 7.0, 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 judging by the second screenshot :P
That just proves how much I know about apple :D

ziycon

As you suggested, 7.0.2 but user has also tested on 7.0.1 with the same results.

NanoSector

Safari wasn't updated in 7.0.x, only in 7.0.

Arantor

* Arantor is still willing to bet something else on the installation that damaged it

I've been out all day but I'll try and set up a test installation to diagnose this myself.

Matthew K.

Security has been the only real change from 7.0 to 7.0.2 really, mainly pertaining to the fingerprint crap and such.

If someone wants to explain to me how to try and replicate this, I can test it on iOS 7.0.2 on both an iPhone 5S and an iPad. My guess though is that something is messed up on their installation though, it looks like they definitely have some modding done.

ziycon

I've asked the user to supply step-by-step details on how to replicate the issue their reporting.

ziycon

User posted this:
Quote from: mackes on October 10, 2013, 06:49:57 AM
Yes, if you Turn in registration approval from administrator and the register à news member.
Login as admin from an IPad browser and go to members registration approval.
Check the checkbox for the new applicant and choose "approve and send mail" from the dropdown.
You will the have a pop up checkbox that is frozen on the screen.

kbrookes

As per this thread: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=511955.msg3615869

I can confirm this on iOS7 devices and NOT on pre iOS7 devices. My wife's iPad is still on iOS6 and has no trouble. My own iPad is iOS7 and this bug occurs.

This is also the case with other mods on the site - once upgrading to iOS7 this problem occurs.

Arantor

My experience is that this appears to have been fixed by Apple now?

Advertisement: